account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Social Live

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Social Live

First of all, just wanted to say what a fantastic product the Xperia Z1 is. Upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is a massive improvement from the screen to performance to the solid and better-than-iphone build quality. Great work and far better than my wife's S4 too.

Now, I have been using the Social Live app and it works great. But please could you consider upping the resolution from 360 to 720p on FB - this would make a huge difference. I'll even pay £3 a month for this function!

Anyway, would be very grateful if this could be implemented in a future software upgrade to the Z1. In the meantime, congrats on a great product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Social Live

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Z1 Slightly smiling Face

I'm not sure if this is something that can be upgraded from our end but i'll pass on your feedback internally.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Z1 Slightly smiling Face

I'm not sure if this is something that can be upgraded from our end but i'll pass on your feedback internally.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Many thanks -- would be grateful for any updates you hear in this area.

Regular
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi - slight problem with social live. I can post live videos to my timeline fine, but they are not appearing in other friends' news feeds. My FB settings look fine - and the settings on the social live video page on my phone correctly show friends. Any ideas? 

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi. The Social Live app is based on technology from Swedish company Bambuser so Sony are not in control of any app updates.

Very interesting article here: http://www.streamingmediaglobal.com/Articles/News/Featured-News/Bambuser-Widens-Audience-for-Mobile-...

My query here however is that Social Live shows up in my Goolge Play account as installed, but the app does not physically appear anywhere on my Sony Xperia Z1 compact device and I therefore cannot open and use this.  Could anyone advise why this may be and how to access the app?

Many thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Social Live is accessed through the camera in the phone. Start the camera and then tap the icon at the lower right. You should see it there.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Pls will be connect to my social live to my application to my facebook accnt thank im just waiting now thankyou.