account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Should I update to Lollipop?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Should I update to Lollipop?

Hi,

My mobile is sony xperia Z1 not compact. only Z1. i have heard from my friends that after updating the mobile gets switched off automatically and also unable to answer the calls etc. since i purchased i dint update it is still 4.4.4 version please tell me what i can do. thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: Regarding sony xperia z1

@aarohi

no problem, if you experience poor battery life, just reinstall the update again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

@aarohi

does it restart if you remove the SIM and SD cards?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I dint update it still i m scared to update

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@aarohi

I didn't experienced that on my Z1 

Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Ok thanks then i will update my mobile 

thanks 

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@aarohi

no problem, if you experience poor battery life, just reinstall the update again. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@aarohi

If you are happy with current version, and not looking for any particular features in Lollipop then my suggestion is dont update.

In lollipop, Sony has moved the Xloud feature in ClearAudio (or removed it).  For many people, this has reduced the speaker volume very much. I almost need it to full to get reasonable output. Sony do not acknowledge that there is a problem. Keep saying - reinstall.

You can search this forum and you will see many thread about - low speaker volume after lollipop update

Its not that everyone has problem, but I thought I will highlight the risk.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@Harry_z1 wrote:

@aarohi

If you are happy with current version, and not looking for any particular features in Lollipop then my suggestion is dont update.

In lollipop, Sony has moved the Xloud feature in ClearAudio (or removed it).  For many people, this has reduced the speaker volume very much. I almost need it to full to get reasonable output. Sony do not acknowledge that there is a problem. Keep saying - reinstall.

You can search this forum and you will see many thread about - low speaker volume after lollipop update

Its not that everyone has problem, but I thought I will highlight the risk.

Hello

I agree, the sound is still very "poor" and low.

If you give much importance to the volume sound (multimedia) do not update.