account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black for a while when making a call

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Screen goes black for a while when making a call

Other Thread suggested it is the proximity sensors problem and we need to recover the Protection Cover and Clean the glasses.

I tried it and failed.

Then, I started to test by just plugging the Power Cable when receiving a Call.

And it works!!

It seems it is a power Problem!! Should there be any updates on the firmware to solve the problem?? 

Andrioid 5.1.1

Software Version

14.6.A.1.236

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Screen goes black for a while when making a call

Hi @Threesics_Wong, sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried the inbuilt test for the proximity sensor when the charger is not plugged in? If you haven't done that, please do so.

The test can be found in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Proximity sensor. You can also perform this test in safe mode, just to make sure that a downloaded application isn't the cause of this.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.