account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

STAMINA MODE(here we go again) -final clear up?

SOLVED
Message 31 of 45
Message 31 of 45

Re: STAMINA MODE(here we go again) -final clear up?

Go to settings-about phone-status,you will see if it is fully charged.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 32 of 45
Message 32 of 45

Stamina doesn't even work, it just disable running apps that makes them not work properly and also affects WiFi... WiFi drops when on stamina, so I keep mine off.
rsj
Adept
Message 33 of 45
Message 33 of 45

True after kitkat update stamina mode does not work
Message 34 of 45
Message 34 of 45

It works,without it,my battery goes a lot faster.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 35 of 45
Message 35 of 45

Hello,

I think the way stamina mode is described to work is great. But it doesn't for me.

I keep getting notifications from apps that are not added to the list when the phone is on stand-by mode(locked) for example Skype and sometimes whats app.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance,

Sokin

Sony Xperia Support
Message 36 of 45
Message 36 of 45

@Sokin wrote:

Hello,

I think the way stamina mode is described to work is great. But it doesn't for me.

I keep getting notifications from apps that are not added to the list when the phone is on stand-by mode(locked) for example Skype and sometimes whats app.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance,

Sokin

When you turn off the display it will take 15 minutes before STAMINA is enabled so if you get a message on Skype or Whatsapp within 15 minutes after the display has been on you will receive it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 37 of 45
Message 37 of 45

Rickard, 

After doing some testing I still get a notification(and a vibration) from skype after leaving the phone in stand by for an hour. Also this happened with whats app.

So I think there is a problem with it. Is sony aware of that? Or a solution to this?

Thanks in advance,

Sokin.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 38 of 45
Message 38 of 45

Did you have a charger connected when you tested this? If a charger is connected, STAMINA will not enable.

If no charger was connected, have you seen any message on your phone about any app preventing STAMINA from being enabled? If something is using the data connection STAMINA will wait until that app is finished with whatever it's doing before it enables itself so some apps can prevent STAMINA from working. But if you have an app that's doing that you should have gotten a message from STAMINA at some point saying so and which app it is.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 39 of 45
Message 39 of 45

Conditioning of lithium ion batteries is a myth
. It may help estimated battery life by resetting some software counter but it will shorten the overall life of the battery.
Apprentice
Message 40 of 45
Message 40 of 45

Sir, I've read some thread as well from XDA, saying that we can clear the data of "Eco Mode Controller" and check the estimated time after charging it for %100. it should show 5days when the phone is at %100. is that true?