account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Necessary to have Anti virus app on Z1?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Necessary to have Anti virus app on Z1?

Hi support team,
Is it necessary to install an Anti virus app into Z1 actually?
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Necessary to have Anti virus app on Z1?

@RumRai7

This has been asked before on myriad occasions, you could download and install an anvitirus know that it will drain your battery faster and slow down your phone, with that said it will protect you from certain malware. at the end of the day it's up to you, the owner, to decide if you want an antivirus or not. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@RumRai7

This has been asked before on myriad occasions, you could download and install an anvitirus know that it will drain your battery faster and slow down your phone, with that said it will protect you from certain malware. at the end of the day it's up to you, the owner, to decide if you want an antivirus or not. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I think I am better not install it. Thank for your advice.
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Anytime

Talent
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I rarely install apps from unknown sources so i install an antivirus once on a while only to  perform a full scan and uninstall it afterwords ... :smileysmileywink:

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thank @alex00752
Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

However they can protect you while browsing. Note that they DON'T slow down a powerful phone like Z1, but they DO drain the battery a bit faster.