account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

NFC suddenly not working

Apprentice
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: NFC suddenly not working

Even after repair software, my Z1's nfc still doesn't work.

Master
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

In that case I suggest that you have this examined at an authorized service center. Please contact your local Xperia support team for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adviser
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I have taste this before, after a while I figured that it's from network connection. If your connection is off or week signal it's probably are not going to work.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
One time poster
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

Any news in the issue ?

This morning my NFC stoped working. can't read any tags, or pair with my NFC enabled headphones (Sony SBH20).

nothing...

the icon is on, and all, but funcitnality not.

I'm on Android 4.2.2, will updating to 4.3 fix the problem ?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

I had this exact same problem too. Had my phone for around 2 months, and then NFC just stopped working suddenly. Tried repairing via PC Companion, even upgraded firmware to .136, but nothing worked. Everything else like bluetooth, gps was ok; only NFC faulty.

At last, I took it to the service centre. Turns out its a motherboard issue and they had to open the phone to replace it.

Is this a common problem with Z1 owners? Motherboard failing after few months?

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

Is there any Sont expert that might shed some light on the subject ?

Master
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

If you have tried safe mode and reinstalling/repairing the phone software using PC Companion without any success I suggest that you have your phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local Xperia support team for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Apprentice
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

I too have the same problem, i remember keeping my phone on some NFC tags and it detected, later i switched the service off because it comsumes battery. Recently when i turned on and tried it doesnt work and upgraded to Kitkat also and after completion of the upgrade i saw a pop up which said updating NFC firmware.

Even after all of these it still doesnt work, unfortunately for me there are no service centers in my country and dont want to take this to a local shop and ruin the water resistance or so.

Any ideas, anyone got this issue sorted?

One time poster
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Hi, I bought two xperia Z1 6902(four days ago). One of them seem to work with out problem, but the NFC does not work in one of them. I used Sony Companion to upgrade/repair the cellphone but the failure still. (NFC icon can be turn on and off but Z1 does not transfer any data, I verified that problem is xperia Z1 by trying with other three NFC devices)

What can I do?. Currently, There is a solution for this?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

In this case it appears you have a hardware issue with your handset and as such I would have to advise you speak directly with your local  Xperia Care team regarding having an assessment arranged.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.