account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

NFC suddenly not working

Adviser
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

NFC suddenly not working

Hi.

The NFC on my Xperia Z1 suddenly does not work anymore..

Yesterday, I connected my Z1 to a Smart Tag and the phone recognized it through the Smart Connect App. So the NFC was still doing fine. Then a while ago, I tried to connect my phone with the SRS-BTX300 NFC speaker, but it doesnt seem to connect and the phone does not respond to it. I then tapped my Z1 on a Smart Tag which also doesnt work anymore.. I already did a Phone Repair using SUS and did a factory reset, but it doesnt seem to help.. 

The phone is just 3 days old! Does anyone have a solution to this? Please help!

21 REPLIES 21
Master
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: NFC suddenly not working

Sounds strange! Have you tried to turn off and on NFC under settings > more > NFC? 

Also make sure that you have the screen turned on and unlocked when you are using the NFC function in your phone. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adviser
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

Yes. I've already turned it off, then on again, even restarting the phone doesn't help. It worked perfectly yesterday but since this morning it doesn't connect to any NFC enabled devides anymore..

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

When you say 'NFC enabled devices' do you mean devices paired to your Z1 using NFC?  It might be that NFC is working but your Bluetooth is swtiched off.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

With that I meant paired devices. The speakers, for example, the SRS-BTX300, whenever i tap my Z1 on the speaker's NFC spot, it automatically turns the bluetooth on and pairs the phone with the speakers. (I have Smart Connect installed on my phone) It works with my Xperia S, but not with the Z1, which worked before..

One time poster
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

I have the same problem pairing fails for speakers headphones and smartwatch....it worked with xperia z
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

Mine too. Its just suddenly not working.... Any one have any ideas on how to fix this? The phone is only 3 weeks old. 

Pls help.....

One time poster
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

I can confirm that NFC isn't working on my Z1 either.

This has been confrimed by using the Service Test menu via *#*#7378423#*#*>NFC>NFC Diag Test 

I have tried reading numerous tags, try numerous devices and I get nothing.

Screenshot_2013-11-28-09-28-26.png

SWP…No NFC SIM Detected is normal apparently and shouldn't be worried about.

I'd like to see this fixed as so far I've purchased a premium device with NFC faulty and ANT+ support lacking... (not entirely Sony's fault, but still...)

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Have you tried running a software repair since having this problem?

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Ok I will try it today and will report is as soon as i got result from it ... Thanks