account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Meet Xperia Z1

Visitor
Message 41 of 66
Message 41 of 66

Re: Meet Xperia Z1

The Z1 seems fantastic to me - and superior to Samsung S4 & iPhones - don't know why people think so much of those??? Good thing about iphones is you can download songs to itunes and then they are there ready on an iMac also, but that's about all I can think of... They don't have NFC which I think is a great feature... and what is the S4's USP - anybody ?

Learner
Message 42 of 66
Message 42 of 66

I had a chat whit one of your college's in the Netherlands, you say the z1 can play MKV movies, well my does not play any mkv movies on my phone. I hope you will be more helpful 

do you know why?

thx

Message 43 of 66
Message 43 of 66

You are talking about playing mkv in default player?You can download vlc,it will work.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 44 of 66
Message 44 of 66

Sony sends me a congratulations message for using their support forum ,but yet "their SUPPORT" centre has yet to reply to my mails regarding my handset. I have waited for two weeks for just a mere response from Sony. I was mortified to find out that my one month of  Xperia Z1 just cracked in my pocket. I sent my phone into my network carrier only received to a repair bill of the most ridiculous some of money. My network carrier sent me a quote for more that 7 items that needed to be replaced on my handset. So my question is ,has Sony been selling defected handsets ? ,but the real amazing thing part was when I was told that if I wanted to accept the quote ,they would repair my handset but my 2year warranty would fall away so basically any other damages to my handset I would be liable for. Honestly this the biggest amount of bull**** I have ever heard. Samsung has so many perks ,guarantees  with their handsets. My brother has a Samsung Galaxy S4 ,he broke his screen and within 20min it was repaired. I have waited almost 2weeks now for a reply regarding my handset from Sony and yet to receive a response. I thought choosing the Xperia over the Samsung was the smart choice ,but clearly not.

Highlighted
Hlw
Visitor
Message 45 of 66
Message 45 of 66

Hlw my all fb frnd good morning.......
Talent
Message 46 of 66
Message 46 of 66

Meet Xperia Z1, a phone which got updated/replaced/upgraded in less than a year

As much as I like to see innovation, its hard to swallow, my pricey new phone was only Sony's flagship for less than a year, the Z2 does not seem to be much of a upgrade, but for something that cost as much as half a new car, you would expect it to last longer

Adviser
Message 47 of 66
Message 47 of 66

MAN i tottaly feel you, i didnt buy an iphone that i was using because of that reason. So i bought Z1 for a change and voila , the same crap. Companies like SOny and Apple diss new devices through updates in less than a year, its a fact.

Commissioner
Message 48 of 66
Message 48 of 66

Guys.... if you're looking for a new smartphone based on their cameras, DO NOT buy Sony Xperia Z1 phone until Sony Software Team fixes it. Don't be fooled by its 20.7MP camera. It is a BIG LIE. Super Blurry and Mega Grainy.

I'm telling you!
Visitor
Message 49 of 66
Message 49 of 66

dont ever buy this phone.. i made the mistake and will not again. what is the point in buying a phone that advertises waterproof, dust proof, and what not, and have the phone konk off in little more than an year out of regular use. and then to repair cost 3/4th the cost of the phone. seriously what is the point..... this phone cost as much as a TV that last atleast 5 years.... do not waste your money....

Genius
Message 50 of 66
Message 50 of 66

can we put it to a vote - 13,000,000 to maybe 100, if you want to sell I will buy off you - move on