account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Locked phone forgot password

SOLVED
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Locked phone forgot password

Is there a way to unlock a phone, my phone its locked with a password, but I forgot my password, I am aware that I could reformat my phone but is there an alternative?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Re: Locked phone forgot password

I just realized a way to do this,

go to www.myxperia.sonymobile.com > login > select your device > lock > enter a 4 digit pin > lock.

On your phone enter the new 4 digit code, bam done,

I know I know I am the best, you owe me a beer.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

17 REPLIES 17
Emperor
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

@Phy sorry to hear that, as you might be aware you could try to enter your password multiple times and you should be prompt to enter your Gmail password.

For future reference

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

@ It didn't worked, I tried entering the password multiple times but I wasn't prompted to enter the Gmail password. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Sorry to hear that it doesn't work, you will have to reset your phone with either PCC or Bridge for Mac or MyXperia or Android Device Manager.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

That's what I'm trying to avoid, if I use PC Companion or Bridge it will reformat my phone and I'm trying to find a way around that. Thanks anyways.

Emperor
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

You could kwep trying, maybe you'll eventually remember.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I'll try but I doubt it. I have the memory of a gold fish.

Emperor
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I just realized a way to do this,

go to www.myxperia.sonymobile.com > login > select your device > lock > enter a 4 digit pin > lock.

On your phone enter the new 4 digit code, bam done,

I know I know I am the best, you owe me a beer.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Thanks, I'll give it a try and get back to you. 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Genius! Thanks. I see why you're the forum legend. It worked Slightly smiling Face I was able to rest the password and unlock my phone with out having to reformat it Slightly smiling Face