account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Keyboard won't learn new words or writing style?

One time poster
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Keyboard won't learn new words or writing style?

is there any way i can make it learn words from other apps such as facebook messenger as i barely use email and messaging

One time poster
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Hello,
Go to keyboard settings -> Use my writing style -> Clear language Data
Then try to start typing your own words, it will save all the new words which you type
Hope this helps.
Thanks!
One time poster
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

So I've been having thermae problem for the past few months, and following thus advice I reset the keyboard and not only did it fix the issue, but it somehow revived all my saved words from somewhere. I ticked the "backup my words" option ao hopefully it'll keep doing this from now on when it breaks next time
Visitor
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Anybody has an idea how to manually transfer saved words? There must be a folder where Xperia Keyboard saves them by default

One time poster
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Is it just me or is the z5 crap? I've bought sony for years but this is worst phone ever.  Multiple faults,  no text learning,  faulty touch screen,  draining better, mobile data slider won't switch on and so it goes on. Been in and out of repair shop.  Truly awful and no support from sony. Will definitely never buy another sony phone - if anyone is browsing and thinking about what new phone,  cross sony off your list 

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

This fixed it for me! As soon as I cleared data all my words suddenly returned. 

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Keyboard settings > Use my writing style > Learn from Messaging. This fixed the problem for me.

For some reason the permission was removed and I had to give permission again. After that all my saved/learned words returned and started learning new words again .