account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

KEYBOARD TEXTING PROBLEM

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

KEYBOARD TEXTING PROBLEM

Hi my cursor jumps from one letter to the letters i don't want texting on keyboard . For example when i touch G, i see the ink spread to F and D,S,A
A. It's really annoying. Someone help fix this please. Victor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Re: KEYBOARD TEXTING PROBLEM

Sorry to break it to ya, but its got to do with the phone heating up after the screen is on more then 5 minutes straight. The touch screen goes haywire when its hot, thats why your cursor jumps. Its a software defect in the kitkat version and more likely is not going to be solved.

Did the keyboard work in other apps other than the default messaging app? I cant use the screen at all when this happens, its jerky and wont work in ANY app. On my phone as soon as this starts i have to reset it by pressing the on button and volume key down at the same time until it vibrates three times. (hard reset)

It will be ok until the next screen heat up.

Sony phones **bleep** so bad Slightly frowning Face

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Strange,did you try to clear data in settings-apps-all-xperia keyboard?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

What could be the problem and How do i clear the data ?
Regular
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Ok,just done that and the problem still there. From a single touch on the delete button, the ink spreads to the MN
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Do you have a screen protector?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Sorry to break it to ya, but its got to do with the phone heating up after the screen is on more then 5 minutes straight. The touch screen goes haywire when its hot, thats why your cursor jumps. Its a software defect in the kitkat version and more likely is not going to be solved.

Did the keyboard work in other apps other than the default messaging app? I cant use the screen at all when this happens, its jerky and wont work in ANY app. On my phone as soon as this starts i have to reset it by pressing the on button and volume key down at the same time until it vibrates three times. (hard reset)

It will be ok until the next screen heat up.

Sony phones **bleep** so bad Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Yes,i have a screen protector nicely and tightly stuck on the screen.

Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

It might be related to that but I won't tell you to remove it if you don't want.

Demigod
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

That's a bit wierd.

You can try entering Settings / About phone (last option) / Diagnostics / Test Device / Touch Screen. Try if it paints yellow line where you touch or goes around.

You may also download Multitouch Test app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=multitouchpro.tests ) from Play Store and try if the touch is properly recognised.

If not, it may (or may not) be related to the third-party screen protector that causes the trouble. If you are sure that clearing keyboard data, restoring firmware via PC Companion (beware it will delete all your settings, messages, game results) it's the last option you can check yourself.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

In mine this happens when the screen gets dirty... so I just give it a good clean and problem solved