account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Help with update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Help with update

My current software version is 14.5.A.0.242 . One time i got a notification about a 14.5.A.0.270 Version. I connected the phone with a computer and i started the updating. Then i got notified to charge the battery to 50%, in mean time the instalation would continue downloading on the computer. When the instalation got finally downloaded and the phone charged, i connected the phone to the computer again, but it demanded 80%. I charged the phone again and turned off the computer because the instalation had stopped and said to try later again. When i turned on computer and connected the phone with it, it said that i had the newest version even though it hadn't updated. Now i have the old version. What should i do? I would very much appreciate your help. My friend had successfully updated the sistem, while i couldn't. I would be glad if you could help me with this matter. I am in need of your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help with update

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Support zone > update phone software > repair phone software

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

8 REPLIES 8
Master
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Support zone > update phone software > repair phone software

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Ok, i would try.
Master
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Let us know what happens.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Build Number is not 14.5.A.0.270

Hi all,

After I updated my Xperia Z1 to Android 5.0.2, i found that the Build Number for the version i have in phone and in Support page are different.

In my phone show as 14.5.A.0.242, instead of 14.5.A.0.270 that shows in Support page.

Screenshot_2015-07-02-22-39-09.png

Capture.PNG

When I try to press Software Update at Settings > About phone, it shows me the phone is up to date.

Screenshot_2015-07-02-22-38-53.png

I do checked with Son PC Companion as well. But, it show that my phone is up to date.

Capture2.PNG

May I know is this an issue? By the way, I am from Malaysia.

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I get the same Build Number with you. But, when I check at Support page, it shows 14.5.A.0.270.

I was trying to update the firmware, but failed to do so.

I still remember the time when i repair the firmware for my Z1 was at mid of June, however, i still get back the old firmware.

FYI, the 14.5.A.0.270 was rolling out at 20th May 2015.

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: Build Number is not 14.5.A.0.270

Hi,

As far as I can see in our system, 14.5.A.0.242 is the latest available software for your unit. And as you can see at our software page the following information is provided:
You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic.

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

The firmware maybe released but not to every network or to Generic handsets - Most of the time updates need to be 1st authorised by networks, then and only then will Sony be able to release the update

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thank you @Samuel, repair helepd me. Now i have the latest version(14.5.A.0.270).