account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Help!! Read Error, Try Again!!

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 30
Message 11 of 30

Re: Help!! Read Error, Try Again!!

Crying Face it was purchased over the phone with 3 so do i take it back to sony or 3 ??

i've even tried SUS again and the minute it turns on it just says 'read error, try again' over and over again Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 30
Message 12 of 30

In general you should return it to the place you bought it, but if there is some local Sony Store/Center close to you, you can try there too, or at least call and ask them how this works in your region.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 30
Message 13 of 30

ok, thank you Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 14 of 30
Message 14 of 30

I recommend this card:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007XZM6VG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I installed it no problems - perfect for Android PLUS it comes with an Adapter to help transfer to PC etc

Forum Legend
Message 15 of 30
Message 15 of 30

Just a thought, do you use a case/cover where you can place a credit card or a similar card in? Or do you have your phone near any of these type of cards? If yes, make sure you don't have the NFC function activated in your phone and the unit tries to read the card.

You can find the NFC function if you go to Settings > More... > NFC.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 30
Message 16 of 30

Hampus you're spot on!!!  I do have a flip case with a credit card slot and I do have my card in there and I did have NFC on and it started bleeping so I went in and turned off NFC and the second I unticked the box the Read Error Try Again message vanished!!  THANK YOU !!!!  

One time poster
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

Thanks mate... I had the same problem
...with my z1... Solved ty
One time poster
Message 18 of 30
Message 18 of 30

I keep getting read error try again everytime I did anything on my Z1. I have my phone in a case with a card holder where I keep my bank card. I have just found out the chip in the bank card can cause the read error I took the bank card out and now have no problems.
One time poster
Message 19 of 30
Message 19 of 30

Just changed banks to Lloyd and had this error start believe it could be the nfc in the card but yeah removing it solved! I don't even trig that it only happened when the flip case hit the back of the phone -.- #idiot! Lol
Rookie
Message 20 of 30
Message 20 of 30

After posting the solution I then noticed it had already been posted Slightly smiling Face