account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Google Search removed from Taskmanager in lolipop (xperia z1 both build 242 and 270)

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Google Search removed from Taskmanager in lolipop (xperia z1 both build 242 and 270)

Hello! I am using lollipop on my z1 and I really like it. The only thing I really dislike is the Google search widget removed suddenly from the bottom of the taskmanager. I have this problem in both build 242 and 270. I also clear data and cashe,update google and also remove. but this doesnt came back again.
It have to be like the bellow link  picture, but mine, the top google search in taskmanager is went!
can someone help me to fix this problem?
link: http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com/3/3/2/6/1/9/1/Screenshot_2015-05-21-02-20-01.jpg?key=DpPZ4_OLhn...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Re: Google Search removed from Taskmanager in lolipop (xperia z1 both build 242 and 270)

You could boot on safe mode and check again, just to be sure, you have NOT uninstalled nor disabled any app at all?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Google Search removed from Taskmanager in lolipop (xperia z1 both build 242 and 270)

@Alvlin

Could you post a screenshot?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Try Clearing the manager Xperia home app data.

How to clear data on apps.
From your Home screen

1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings > Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on the manager Xperia home app.
5. Tap Force stop > Clear data.
6. Restart the phone
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

The picture is not available,please update the link so we can check it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

@uliwooly
@Alexdon
I updated the link. If doesnt show again, the picture is there in bellow link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z1/general/google-search-removed-taskmanager-t3115332
I fact the phone must be the same picture with google search in task manager, but my phone isnt like this now and task mager google search went from this morning after a day from flashing rom.
Emperor
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@Alvlin

Follow @Phy's advice, also did you flashed a Custom ROM ?

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@Uliwooly

@Phy

I follow phy advise but the problem doesnt fix. no, it is stock rom build 270 and flashed by flashtool apps.

Emperor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@Alvlin

Have you disable any app or service? 

settings > apps > all > scroll to the bottom

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

No, i didnt disable any app.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

what if you reinstall the update with PC Companion

Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/