account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Ear/headphone volume

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Ear/headphone volume

I have 3 sets of earphones and I honestly think that Sony have capped the volume. I want that bit more in volume but it just won't give you it. I bought a pair of Sony MDR-XB50AP and they are the same. Initially I was going to buy some Shure se215 but if the volume really is capped, I'm never going to get the best out of them. Does anyone know if the volume changes between the jack, C Socket and Bluetooth? I have noticed Sony are wanting to push the C socket considering my Hyper x headset wouldn't work in the jack due to compatibility. This was confirmed by Sony themselves when I emailed them but they never responded to the volume. It's amusing to me that they recommend DSEE HX but this disables the EQ and reduces the volume. I've tried lots of apps but again, it's like Sony are trying to stop anyone from getting it any louder. Considering I have had Samsung for years with no issues and the original Sony Walkman with no issues, something is certainly wrong here. I will add that I use Spotify and my previous mobile was a Samsung S6 with no problems. 

1 REPLY 1
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ear/headphone volume

Still no response from Sony.