account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Does Sony really care about customer security after two years?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Does Sony really care about customer security after two years?

@uliwooly wrote:

@EricV1

You are in luck, you can get in contact with Sony Android Devs Slightly smiling Face 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Developer-World/ct-p/DeveloperWorld

Just wondering, which devices that were released in 2013 will get this security updates? And which devices with Snapdragon 800 will get those security patches? 

I'm not trying to argue with you, I genuinely want to know which other devices

Two of the patches are not related to snapdrgon AFAIK (except for the quadrooter). And again, I do not care if other brand are doing the same thing, they are just palin wrong. How long have been customer  accepting to pay for a PC every two year. It will happen with the phone now that you have plenty of RAM and CPU power.

If some other brand are doing the same bad jobs that's their problem. My problem is that my perfectly working phone has security flaws that enable to take the remote control of my phone (see blueborne demo video here here).

Emperor
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Re:

@EricV1

So there are no brands that released a phone in 2013 that are going to release any security patches?

Does that mean that no company care about their customers? 

This is going in circles. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Re: Re:

@uliwooly wrote:

@EricV1

So there are no brands that released a phone in 2013 that are going to release any security patches?

Does that mean that no company care about their customers? 

This is going in circles. 

I do not care what other are doing, I just wants Sony to support its customer for sever security issues. And BTW, no new android release does not mean no security patches... So I think your prof are rather weak.

Emperor
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

@EricV1

I have given you information and I even asked you if  you know of any other phones that were released in 2013 that will get this patches but it seems that there aren't, I don't think it's ok to assume that Sony doesn't care about customers when 

The Xperia Z1 got 2 major Android updates and was supported for 2 years. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

@EricV1

I made a mistake as the Xperia Z1 received a final security update December 2015, which means 27months of updates/support.