account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Delete devices from Smart Connect

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Delete devices from Smart Connect

Just wondering is it possible to delete devices from the device list in Smart Connect. I drive lots of different vehicles for a living and use the bluetooth connection in them and am now getting quite a list in this app. Can delete from my bluetooth list but stay in Smart Connect app. Have searched through the manual and forums and can't find an answer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Delete devices from Smart Connect

I couldn't find a way other than resetting the app 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

I couldn't find a way other than resetting the app 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I have a connected issue. I have a Jabra Freeway headset in my car and want to switch from my SBH52 to that one when I am entering the car (getting in the range of the Jabra Freeway). This worked great untill I updated the firmware on the Jabra. Doing this changes the bluetooth name of the accessory (e.g. "Jabra Freeway v2.5"  to "Jabra Freeway v3.3"). The bluetooth program worked flawlessly here (I was vey impressed) and changed the name of the connection without any input from me. But the Smart Connect event stopped to work. I tried to find the new ID in the app but could not find it. I could also not delete the old one because this is not an option in the application. So I had to reset the application an loose all my settings and then everthing worked again. I think that adding the option to remove a device from the list should be the easiest way for the developers to solve many kinds of similar issues.

One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I have same problem...help me...
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Have you tried clearing data for the app like uliwooly suggested?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

hi i had this problem too and clearing the app data works :smileysmileywink: x

Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Clearing data is the most counterintuitive way to remove selected devices from smart connect.

Tried doing this to get rid of a few devices I never use and ended up reseting all my settings for my smart watch 2 which was a connected device at the time.

Please update the app to give users an option just to remove the device they want instead of everything!
Regular
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

And also, now one of my paid app for the smart watch 2 is installed but doesn't show up in smart connect.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't help and it is still hidden from the smart watch 2 settings in smart connect.

Any advice is appreciated.
Regular
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Ok, turning the phone off and back on restored the app but all in app settings were completely wiped.

I would suggest that anyone with a smart watch 2 already paired to your phone to avoid using this method to remove devices.

Unless you want to spent the next 30 minutes trying to restore your smart watch settings ~.~
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for the warning. I'd like to remove smartwatch 2 as I've now got a 3 and have given my 2 to my son. I don't want his watch to accidentally connect to my phone!