account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

Visitor
Message 81 of 164
Message 81 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

Hello Sony Support, maybe you can help me with my issue.

My Sony Xperia Z1 is giving me this message: "Your internal storage is 100% full. Transferring data to SD card is recommended to free internal storage." I am given 3 choices to transfer data "Photos, Videos and Music". All of which say "0 files. 0.0KB." My available space on SD Card is 11.1GB, yet I cannot transfer any files, so my only option is "Cancel".

Just for informational purposes of my 11.72GB Total Space, 1.61GB Apps, 72.6MB Pics, Vids, 156KB Audio, 22.54MB Downloads, 18.59MB Cached data and 9.77GB Misc. 

-Misc 9.77GB (video 7.85GB and Reader 1.66GB)

Can you offer me a solution to this problem please??

Visitor
Message 82 of 164
Message 82 of 164

Sony, please do something! It is really a miracle not to allow the apps to install in external memory in such an expensive device. Assume you as a user who loves Xperia Z1 and buys. How many apps can you install in this 16GB in todays digital world? As you know many of the GPS apps are consuming the Giga of space! I have installed a GPS Apps, which occupied more than 8GB and I am running out of space already although I am having 64GB external memory. If you want to keep your customers with you, please kindly change your policy. The 16GB is nothing, and having external 16GB would be no sense if you block to install the apps on it. People will go to other brand those are more flexible specially in this Android world!

Hope someone from Sony is hearing this thread. 

MH
Learner
Message 83 of 164
Message 83 of 164

Please provide in your next update, feature of moving appk. To SD Card.
One time poster
Message 84 of 164
Message 84 of 164

Sony this is complete and utter BS. There are so many workarounds now, that the users who truly care (including myself) are now using your high end devices the way they were intended to be used. Only now with an enormous amount of resentment towards Sony. I hope "saving the space for firmware updates" is worth it. Had I known beforehand that Apps 2SD was impossible through normal means I would not have bought the Z1. I can assure you that I (among others) will no longer support Sony after this phone dies. You don't give someone an awesome piece of cake and tell them they can only eat the crust and lick the icing.
Adviser
Message 85 of 164
Message 85 of 164

Any sign of Sony listening to us customers?
Hello.....hello..
Rookie
Message 86 of 164
Message 86 of 164

Please check this option, it works.100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVOj2WnEeLw

Let me know

"How to install Android apps APK files directly in SD card" video has been uploaded in my channel. You can reach there by visiting the videos section in my channel. A detailed explanation on how to install downloaded android application on SD or external card by default without rooting. This is ...
One time poster
Message 87 of 164
Message 87 of 164

It doesnt. Xperia ZR

One time poster
Message 88 of 164
Message 88 of 164

Sony, surely there's a way around this 'limitation'? I just upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to the Xperia Z1 Compact, and while Samsung didn't initially support apps to sd, that feature became available with the Android 4.3 update. So please, stop using Android's architecture as an excuse and measure up to the competition!

Veteran
Message 89 of 164
Message 89 of 164

Sony please enable App2SD for Xperia!
At least for huge (over 1GB) apps/games. 
Should we start a petition in this case?

What do you think guys?
There is no use / very limited of SD cards...
My phone memory is finished and I cannot download new stuff... 

Rookie
Message 90 of 164
Message 90 of 164

Goddammit Sony, I can move apps 2 SD on my xperia neo and acro s. So why the h*ll have u removed it in the z1 and z1 compact!?