account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

One time poster
Message 71 of 164
Message 71 of 164

can transfer the app to the sd card

Hello every one
Is there is any way that I can transfer my apps to the sd card because I don't want to make my internal memory full so that the device become slower in the future.
My mobile expiria z1.
Message 72 of 164
Message 72 of 164

Re: can transfer the app to the sd card

You cannot transfer your apps to sd card,the option is not available in any sony device.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 73 of 164
Message 73 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

It can be done without rooting phone, get astro file manager from play store. Sdcard0 is internal storage, Sdcard1 is external as is removable. Hold finger on what you want to move, tap move, tap storage, tap Sdcard1, tap paste and it should move. I did it with elysium, that'd 1.6gig free space on phone now. HAPPY DAYS
Adviser
Message 74 of 164
Message 74 of 164

Doesn't work with apps though paul
One time poster
Message 75 of 164
Message 75 of 164

Can't move apps to sd card

If sony in 4.4 won`t solve this problem

i will never ever buy sony in future

Rookie
Message 76 of 164
Message 76 of 164

If Sony doesn't fix this fast like Samsung did with Galaxy S4 or Note 3, I'm switching camp irregardless of price.

Rookie
Message 77 of 164
Message 77 of 164

Re: Moving Apps to SD Card

You obviuosly made a wrong decision buddy.

Learner
Message 78 of 164
Message 78 of 164

Same here. Moving to new contract in a few months. Talked my sister out of getting one yesterday
Visitor
Message 79 of 164
Message 79 of 164

Sony, please add support "Move to SD card" feature in the next firmware update. 12 Gb of free space it's about noting with current huge games/movies/music. The main criteria when I choose Z1 was that I can extend storage memory. This feature was in all previous Android devices include previous Sony smartphones and I did not know that in the new devices it was removed. Z1 is a flagman and without extending memory it's useless, why need SD card if I can't move any data there. Thanks.

Learner
Message 80 of 164
Message 80 of 164

Advised another person to not get your phone for this reason. Thats 3 now plus this was on a gaming forum so a few people will see it.