account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

Regular
Message 51 of 164
Message 51 of 164

Installing Apps in microSD card, when will this feature come?

When will we get this functionality? The S4 has this option on their app manager wherein they can transfer installed apps to their memory card without rooting their unit. I know for a fact that Sony released the Z1 months after the S4 why didn't they include this functionality on our phones considering it is "premium". I bought the this phone because I trust the brand and I have been loyal to them. I beleive not having this functionality is a big draw back given that we only have 16gb of internal memory to use for apps, which is pretty low. I hope Sony can resolve this. 

and by the way did somebody try using this method: (Using adk)

http://techgage.com/article/moving_your_non-movable_android_apps_to_an_sd_card/

One time poster
Message 52 of 164
Message 52 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

Please Sony , I need more space in my storage to download apps, so I need to move apps to the SD card, but I can't in my xperia z1. This it's your flahship so you have to fix these problems.. We apreciate your help, thanks

One time poster
Message 53 of 164
Message 53 of 164

Hi I stopped buying sony phones, after getting the sony ericsson mini, it had a very old version of android, 1.6 donut(android 2.3 was out when i bought it), and you couldn't  put apps onto your memory card. well that agnoyed me so much i didnt buy a phone fom sony for over 3 years, but was so impressed with the sony z1, I got one, not even thinking that in this day and age, not being able to transfer to sdcard would still be a issue, but it is...Anyway someone wrote that sony are working on it, trust me when I say as someone  who had over 60000 views on my post complaining of this problem on my mini, that sony did nothing, and I don't think they do anuthing now. What I don't understand, is with the size of games files, why this is still a issue in 2013. I remenber uniwooley on here, i was at that time of owning the mini, also one of the top 10 contributers, but they have me a sa new member, funny that isn't it !!!

Visitor
Message 54 of 164
Message 54 of 164

I cannot move apps to External 32 GB card slot

I cannot move apps to external SD card by using any apps. Can you guide me how to do it or why its not possible. Is there any solution in the coming 4.3 Jelly bean upgrade. My internal storage is getting full even though i moved all music and video files.

Regards,

Satwik

Forum Legend
Message 55 of 164
Message 55 of 164

Re: I cannot move apps to External 32 GB card slot

This question is already discussed in several threads, for example:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/Transfer-of-App-from-Phone-Memory-to-SD-Car/m-p/314684

Please use the search function before you post a new thread and you can also take a look at the following FAQ topic:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 164
Message 56 of 164

Re: I cannot move apps to External 32 GB card slot

This is one of Sony's year 2013 features.

Adviser
Message 57 of 164
Message 57 of 164

SD card support

Is there no way to put apps on the sd card?
I swapped from an iPhone 4s with 32 gb and 20 of that was offline Spotify tracks. Bought a £50 32gb SanDisk ultra and now it seems . Can't put apps on it?
C'mon Sony I love my z1 but I can't live with 5gb of music!!!!
Please please enable sd card loading.
Adviser
Message 58 of 164
Message 58 of 164

So we can pass off as far as song. Concerned?
Right back to my iPhone it is.
Anybody want to buy a £600 high powered useless phone?
Adviser
Message 59 of 164
Message 59 of 164

Is it possible to put music on sd card if Sony won't listen to its customers?
Can u link Spotify downloads to sd card?
Visitor
Message 60 of 164
Message 60 of 164

Xperia neo don't have this issue