account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

Adviser
Message 41 of 164
Message 41 of 164

Re: Z1 apps to memory card

Would be nice to still have a choice though

One time poster
Message 42 of 164
Message 42 of 164

Xperia Z1 C6903 or C6902

dear sony, sony products, have been using for a long time and am very pleased , but the smart phone's 16GB of internal memory is well positioned , but I'm using right now , and before I use my phone xperia xperia Z Z1 , Xperia S and Xperia Arc S phones had problems due to the equipment and components of internal memory rose as high-definition programs, and games, you're taking up too much space for the new samsung pruning reveals the inadequacy of memory devices, the issue presented is a software that allows you to transferring the memory card applications , and at least brought a solution to this problem that you are currently using phone xperia perfect in every respect Z1 I put on my memory card class10 problem 64gblık running, but I have installed on my phone fills my memory was playing five pieces insufficient memory space on my phone to see the text bothers me even software can handle it , I think a big company like sony sony users request the new software you have loaded an internal memory of games and applications will develop a software issue kartımıza memory to carry, I believe that you will demonstrate sensitivity to thank you in advance .

Regular
Message 43 of 164
Message 43 of 164

internal memory full -xperia z1

How to move my apps to sd card? Please help
Regular
Message 44 of 164
Message 44 of 164

internal memory full xperia z1

How to move my apps to sd card? Please help
Regular
Message 45 of 164
Message 45 of 164

Transfer of Data to SD Card

Hi Everyone.

I have recently put a memorey card in my phone, and I plan to buy a larger size in the future.

Will the apps work if I transfer the apps from my phone memory to my SD card by going into the directory via my computer copy / pasting them.

Also my phone has requested to move all my movies and pictures from my internal storage to my SD card, however when this was actioned, the movies I had downloaded from the Sony Movie Unlimited were no longer able to play.

I am wanting to download some games from the Playstation Store, but need them to go to my SD Card due to the limited space avaliable on my internal storage. 

Can someone advise if:

A: Apps will work fine by copy / pasting them to my SD card when USB cabled to the computer

B: How to fix the problem of watching the downloaded films when moved to the SD card.

Kind regards,

David

Visitor
Message 46 of 164
Message 46 of 164

moving data to external sd on a "premium" smartphone?

Has anybody figured out how to move the large data chunks of some games to external (64GB) sd? It really is a dissapointment (to say the least) that a pricey phone like the z1 (with just 16GB of internal mem) does not provide us with this. 

Or am i missing something?

Emperor
Message 47 of 164
Message 47 of 164

Re: moving data to external sd on a "premium" smartphone?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064#U348064

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 48 of 164
Message 48 of 164

Re: moving data to external sd on a "premium" smartphone?

Thanks uliwooly, but does this mean... no way hosé? It can't be done?

Regular
Message 49 of 164
Message 49 of 164

Installing Apps in microSD card

i hope we get this functionality soon Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 50 of 164
Message 50 of 164

Installing Apps in microSD card

When will we get this functionality? The S4 has this option on their app manager wherein they can transfer installed apps to their memory card without rooting their unit. I know for a fact that Sony released the Z1 months after the S4 why didn't they include this functionality on our phones considering it is "premium". I bought the this phone because I trust the brand and I have been loyal to them. I beleive not having this functionality is a big draw back given that we only have 16gb of internal memory to use for app, which is pretty low. I hope Sony can resolve this. Slightly frowning Face