account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

Visitor
Message 21 of 164
Message 21 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

I have rooted mine, just a plain simple root but haven't unlocked the bootloader, so certain things like CWM don't work yet but it is definitely rooted with no issues.  I used Vroot, lots of guides etc online for this and 360root from the day I got my Z1.

My question is how do I move apps to SD just by being rooted?  Is it simply find the partition where the APKs are and move in file manager?  Also coming from S2 (brilliant phone) I find it madness that this functionality isn't available straight out of the box.

Rookie
Message 22 of 164
Message 22 of 164

Can't move apps from internal memory to sd card

Is there any way to move apps to the sd card. My internal storage is already full, I thought it was possible with this phone but it isn't. Please remove the lock from the firmware please. Now I got a fast 64gb micro sd for nothing.

Veteran
Message 23 of 164
Message 23 of 164

Re: Can't move apps from internal memory to sd card

It is a known issue for all Android Jelly Bean devices, however, shamesung already fixed it and removed the lock. We expect that Sony will fix it soon too.
One time poster
Message 24 of 164
Message 24 of 164

How to move app on Z1 to SD-card?

I just got my  new sony Z1, and  its a great phone, no  doubt about that.  But    only 16  gb internal memory  is to small, and i need to move apps to my  installed SD-card.

So how can i do so?   or  more exact, WHEN will Sony make it possible to move apps to  SD card?

Emperor
Message 25 of 164
Message 25 of 164

Re: How to move app on Z1 to SD-card?

This is not possible, you will have to root your phone > partition your SD card > install an app (link2sd, apps2sd, etc)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 26 of 164
Message 26 of 164

Re: Can't move apps from internal memory to sd card

Thanx man

Visitor
Message 27 of 164
Message 27 of 164

Re: Z1 apps to memory card

Wall of Text is not helpful.

Rookie
Message 28 of 164
Message 28 of 164

Transferring apps to SD card

Hi all, I have moved over from its to Android having purchased an Xperia Z1 and Z tablet. Many of the things I like but am not digging poor 16GB internal storage of the devices. I thought things would be fine by putting in 64gb SD cards and whilst have managed to put my music and photos on this, pretty much everything else wants to go to internal memory only. This is very tiresome and I'm down to the last few GB of internal storage. I understand that if I root the phone I can use apps like titanium backup to move apps but this scares me and would like to keep (some) of Sony UI so am keen to try and move some of apps, such as Kindle, to SD card without rooting. Any ideas..... Sony bods feel free to jump in, thanks
Rookie
Message 29 of 164
Message 29 of 164

Re: Transferring apps to SD card

Sorry... 'its' should read 'ios', predictive text

Veteran
Message 30 of 164
Message 30 of 164

Re: Transferring apps to SD card

We all would love if it would be possible to move data to sd like it was in the past, I am almost done with internal storage as well just because of a few heavy games...