account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

One time poster
Message 161 of 164
Message 161 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go into Settings then Apps then select app you want to move. Then go to Permissions and flick the switch for Storage. Now your phone has permission to install it onto the SD card, in the same menu go to Storage [at the top] and now move to SD card.

Viola

One time poster
Message 162 of 164
Message 162 of 164

nah isnt working

Learner
Message 163 of 164
Message 163 of 164

So, the feature that I've happily used on a Sony Z5 Compact is not available on my new Xz1 Compact... Therefore limiting the ability of my new phone. Grrrr! I wouldn't have bought it, had that been declared. Sales brochure should say (<) 32GB internal memory for apps/photos/music, and sd storage for extra photos/music. I thought this was learnt with the very limited Sony M4 Aqua! I realise that sd cards aren't guaranteed, but decent ones aren't that bad. If someone buys a cheap one - their loss. Sony could even recommend or sell the card. Why can't the feature be left in, but with a customer advisory/warning? Not a happy Sony customer once again!

Rookie
Message 164 of 164
Message 164 of 164

Re: Z1 apps to memory card

You have made your device useless, probably going to return it.