account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Can't move apps to sd card

Visitor
Message 121 of 164
Message 121 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

I bought z1 for two or three months ago, it is amazing but i can't move my app to SD card.
I feel sorry for sony to don't solve this problem
Visitor
Message 122 of 164
Message 122 of 164

And just one more thing
I only have sony mobile phones and never bought another brand but if sony don't solve the mobile phones problem I'll have to buy a mobile from other brands.
Adviser
Message 123 of 164
Message 123 of 164

I read that they've rolled out KK4.4.2 to xperia T2 with the move apps to SD option back. The thing is z1 and above are all on 4.4.4 already. I hope there would soon be an update or something to bring apps to sd to the z series otherwise screw sony. Samsung customers seem to be more satisfied and if sony would not listen to our complaints then we should switch to a company that respects its customers
Highlighted
Message 124 of 164
Message 124 of 164

How do you know if the apps are ib internal storage? Where do I see that. And what do you mean by rooting? How do I make sure that my phone was not rooted in the repair shop? I don't trust them that much..I actually feel bad buying my unit from them. I hope my unit is all ok and no cheats have been made.
Adviser
Message 125 of 164
Message 125 of 164

It really is stupid of Sony not to listen to their customers on this. I won't be buying another Sony phone.
Message 126 of 164
Message 126 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to SD card!!!!

By default not,only media files can be moved to SD.This is Google's decision,they want to drop the use of SD cards in Android devices.If you root as adviced above,you will be able to do it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 127 of 164
Message 127 of 164

Will the Z series be given a system update to enable moving apps to SD card?

I read the T2 got that feature back on android 4.4.2. It would be total bs if sony didn't provide the same feature to their top line Z series phones. So much for the usual "it's an android system restriction" crap.
Apprentice
Message 128 of 164
Message 128 of 164

Re: Will the Z series be given a system update to enable moving apps to SD card?

hello,

T2 has this feature and Z serie 's not!!!  it's not acceptable for the high level serie of xperia !!!!

a true thing to see before buying next time Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 129 of 164
Message 129 of 164

Re: Will the Z series be given a system update to enable moving apps to SD card?

Hello unhappy customers,

I'd made a post on a thread to ask Sony if rooting (to allow me to move apps to the SD card)  would void my warranty. I asked two weeks ago but haven't heard a thing, no emails, no response, nothing. I made another post yesterday and guess what? Nothing.

Here is my post.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Android-development/Is-There-Any-Rooting-Method-Without-Voiding-My-U-...

I also made a post in this thread on P.12. Three guesses what I've heard...

If you'd guessed 'Nothing' then your an experienced Sony customer!

Sony, can you stop your customers from complaining and apparently your staff from leaving (like Rickard apparently had) and get back to us?? There's no reason for such a large company to be so terrible - maybe you're not? As previously asked, please clarify....

I've checked the fortune 500 global company index and Samsung are far higher than Sony. For 2013 Global Fortune (largest companies in the world)

Samsung is 14

My company (Allianz ) are ranked 31

Sony is ranked 94

Thats still incredibly high so how can you justify the terrible customer service?  I've wasted £300 but I still live in hope that the monies not been wasted.

I also live in hope that I will be a happy customer some time soon. (P.S this means I'd like to hear back* thanks).

Adviser
Message 130 of 164
Message 130 of 164

There's no hope. I'll have to sell this phone. It was a big mistake to buy it over the S5 anyway. Go to **bleep** Sony