account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth audio streaming problem.

Rookie
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Bluetooth audio streaming problem.

Hi,

There seems to be a software problem with apt-x audio streaming.

When i pair my Sennheiser MM 550-X to my Xperia Z1, all works fine at first. 

If i turn off the headphones and turn them back on again, the connection automatically gets re-established (also normal).

But then when i start to stream ... the audio is all choppy and there is a verry loud and fast ticking sound, the music is totally distorted, i can't even make up what song is playing.

If i pair the headphones again the problem is gone untill it automatically reconnects. Its a software bug for sure. 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Bluetooth audio streaming problem.

It happens to me sometimes too, 2 things help me so far - turning off BT in the phone before making the reconnect, or starting playback some while after they both reconnect. Disabling Smart Connect event related to the audio device seems to do the trick for some of them, on the headset it was enough to add an action "connect bluetooth audio" in the SC, but you never know which way works for the specific device (it happens with all BT audio devices- headphones, headsets, etc).

I am sure it is some kind of bug. Current Android version, at least afaik, doesn't have full support yet for the hardware BT installed on the phone (and it's Google's fault, not Sony's) and the A2DP protocol itself doesn't support buffering (so it is vulnerable to low signal level and will chop the audio for sure in such case) but still it all worked fine on my old XS, so I suppose we have to wait for some update about it, this is a common problem. Perhaps someone already have some better solution than above (just wait, they'll join), but I know for sure that SUS'ing the phone was just a waste of time, so it certainly is something wrong with the phone.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Disabeling Smart Connect didn't work for me tho.

I notice that when i reconnect... i get a popup, apt-x device connected, and then some high pitch static starts coming out of my headset, when there isn't even music playing.

I know for a fact its not the fault of those headphones... they work perfectly with my pc and with my retired galaxy s3.

this and the black screen are starting to get on my nerves.

Sage
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

You can disable multipoint on the headphones if you don't use it (then the problem almost certainly will gone). They support up to 4 different devices at once (if I remember), and if you don't connect to more than one audio source at once... worth trying. I hope Sony will fix this soon, it's really annoying.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Hello,

I have the same phone, (almost) the same headphones (MM 500-X) and the same problem. I can not disable or enable multipoint on my headphones.

Build-Number: 14.1.G.2.257.
Did anybody ask Sony about this bug? Otheswise I will do it Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Hi,

I didn't find this post when I created a new one here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1/Bluetooth-media-audio-problem/td-p/422245

As written in the other thread I have the same problem with my Sennheiser MM 400-X.

To avoid going into the bluetooth pairing configuration each time I power on the headphones I have created a little app that tries to do that reconnection automatically:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.devmil.xperiabluetoothmediafix

Hopefully this app helps some other users to live with that problem until Sony fixes it.

Greetings

Michael

Learner
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Build 14.2.A.0.290 looks to fix this problem!

Talent
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Hi

Same issue with my Z1 & Plantronics BB903+ (all 3 pairs of them) ...  And that's with Mlamers little fix APP, and build 14.2.A.0.290 ... Anguished Face

Learner
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help with my problem.
I.just bought a Experia Z1 and I can't connect my Sennsieser MM400-X for love nor money.
I can connect them to just about anything else including stuff like Android Netbooks and even Blackberry 's.
Pairing shows nothing and the batteries on both are fully charged!
Any help.much appreciated. :-)

Mike.
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I have bluetooth speaker volume problem, my philips portable bluetooth speaker connects but plays sound in full volume. When I decrease the volume level from mobile only volume slider moves on screen but has no effect on volume level, speaker plays only in full volume. My speaker works well with xperia mini, xperia sp, ipad and iPod, only z1 has that problem.