account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery suddenly drops from 60% to zero

Visitor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Battery suddenly drops from 60% to zero

The battery suddenly drops from 60% to zero. Has been doing this for a month. Seems to recharge very very quickly afterwards. Indicates software or power management issue. Help... Can't live with 40%...
13 REPLIES 13
One time poster
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

phone shut downs automatically when battery reaches at 50% indicator

i received an update of 341mb just 2days before, but right after update i started encountering the problem of battery like whenever the battery reaches 50% or 45% the indicator suddenly shows battery at 0% and phone shutting down. i dont knw how is it but i can certainly tell it happened after new update. please let me knw the solutuion asap

Visitor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: phone shut downs automatically when battery reaches at 50% indicator

I have the same problem, but from 60%
Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Re: Battery suddenly drops from 60% to zero

Having the same problem.

The battery drops form 84% down to 0%.

When switched on again it could be 1%, 40% or 60% (more or less)

I faced the problem when upgraded to 5.0.2

Everything was Ok with 4.4.4

Now the problem persists with 5.1.1

Rolled back to 4.4.4. - no problem.

Even if soemthing's wrong with the battery why Android 5 behaves in this way?

Genius
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Hi @Curlymike @IPaltus

Seems that Google has taken on some measures on fast battery drain after Lollipop update, you can check this link:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558

Post number 1023 is an answer from google about the reported bug.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Genius
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Re: phone shut downs automatically when battery reaches at 50% indicator

Hi @Datts @Curlymike

I suggest check these links:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Battery-time-and-enhancement-features/m-p/347874#U347874

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Remove, if u install any battery saving app. I am also facing that problem after enable hibernate feature of Clean Master. After remove battery drain problem solved.
Genius
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

I have to agree with all of the above, since 4.4.4 update my phone has been experiencing all of the symptoms above and more, there is something very wrong with how - either sony has adopted battery handling in LP or Google code is at fault, either way there is something not right here and I reported this months ago

as an example, I just rebooted my phone with 70% battery and it restarted with 2% and shut down

something is very wrong here

maybe they want you to buy a new phone

Apprentice
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

That means we have to wait for another update. I mean time we have to wait and wait again. Drooling Face

Thanks for posting the message.

One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

One of the updates - not sure which - permanently damages the phone battery. It happened on my z1.

No software update will help. You have to replace the battery. If you under warranty send it back to Sony. If not (like me) be prepared for plenty of extra costs, and a phone that is no longer waterproof.