account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Accidently set Frequency Range to USA-Band

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Accidently set Frequency Range to USA-Band

Hi, I've accidently set my Frequency Range to the USA-Band, but i Live in Europe/Germany.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Sincerely Meltrox

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Re: Accidently set Frequency Range to USA-Band

Flash the original firmware/ftf file, that should fix the issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

20 REPLIES 20
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Accidently? The only way I know of to do this is with a rooted phone and editing part of the code - Are you not able to simply re-edit that info back to EU bands

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I do not understand what you mean, could you please elaborate? It's not possible to change the frequency bands on the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

it was via the app 4G-Switcher

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapbase.LTEswitcher

there is an Option in the settings " Select Frequency-Range" & then the only choice is "USA Band" ...

I didn't go for the Back-Button & it was done... Slightly frowning Face

My Phone is NOT rooted !

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

The base bands Hampus for the network coverage - I believe the USA and EU use different base bands

You could try performing a system repair as this will often fix issues but I can't say for sure it will work to fix your issue - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

As far as I know, it's not possible to change the frequency bands (even with this method) and it will only show "USA band" but it doesn't mean that you have changed the band. Do you experience any issue after this was done? If yes, you should try to restart the phone or follow Thommo's instructions.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

oh, it worked, dont worry Slightly frowning Face

I've only got LTE left, GSM & UMTS are no longer available and i can't make any phonecalls ! Bomb

Emperor
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Flash the original firmware/ftf file, that should fix the issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Using PC-Comapanion & repair my phone did the job - but only with the loss of all Data on the phone, a backup is nessessary ! everything needs to be installed again...

Special thanks to Thommo Remote

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

for future referense, whenever you flash a different firmware version exclude the baseband