account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

weak network signal

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: 02 network Signal Update

Hi, I just bought Sony Xperia X few days ago and it's weak signal as well 1-3 bars never full on 4G but as soon I change my set up for only WCDMA or WCDMA/GSM the signal is full bars on it Winking Face

Then I think it is no phone problem but network provider ( 4G ). My is Virgin.

Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Basically lack of support for this problem from either network providers or Sony itself, just prefer to pretend the problem isn't there and let people talk about a none existing fault on here. I will never buy Sony products again feel completely let down by the big greedy company. Ps phone always one bar uses data like popcorn. Loading numerous times because of failure 

One time poster
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Hi! Sony is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My xperia z1 compact loosing signal all the time. If it has signal it is very low that you cannot even talk. My friend had the same problem with xperia M. We won't buy Sony phones again. Never!!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

Re: weak network signal

i had the same problem but i found a fix. by default (at least on my phone,) the prefered network is LTE so go into settings, mobile networks, prefered network type then tap on the bullet that says WCDMA (preferred) GSM. this was the best for me but maybe one of the others will be better for you but you will see your signal metre change when you press a bullet.

Learner
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Same issue here, Sony xperia XZ2 Compact Dual SIM. My wife on same network with iPhone8 has 4to5 bars, me zero. And yes it is also on O2 (in Germany), which I don't think is using a different technology compared to the others, just the coverage / signal strength is kind of miserable outside of the city. I know that the iPhone has no dual sim, still the difference is huge. In the settings the LTE is set as preferred, but the rest are also there, so the phone should switch automatically to a lower standard in case there is no signal or if the signal is very poor on LTE. 

In my case (SIM1 having no signal) what "helped" is that

• I have deactivated (Settings/Network/DualSim) my SIM2 (Telekom),
  • the phone then restarted by itself (as the default data connection was set to SIM2 and at any network settings change the phone restarts automatically),
  • I suddenly had 4bars signal on SIM1
  • I then activated SIM2 again,
  • set the default data connection back to SIM2  

...and since then I have 2to4 bars on O2 (SIM1) and 2to3 bars on Telekom (SIM2). Both SIMs have LTE as preferred connection type.

I did this just 3 hours ago, when I was looking for a solution for the problem, that's how I ended up on this forum. I thought I share with you my experience, maybe it helps...

I'm sure the situation can be improved by SW.

I don't know how serious Sony is taking this issue, but I got this phone because it has dual sim, but if I anyway cannot be reached on one of the SIMs, then I might not consider the brand next time... Still I do love my phone despite this "small" issue. We however might get "divorced" if the situation will not improve. I will post again if the situation will get worst again.

One time poster
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

@xz2 compact user. The signal is weaker on the phone since the first update in 2019, it seems like the last update did not solve the problem. The limitation of the signal is to decrease the SAR radiation level.
1p1
One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

My phone it is dropping network anyhow so please help me with this problem.