account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone makes 3 vibrations when plugged in, black screen, doesn't load up

Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

phone makes 3 vibrations when plugged in, black screen, doesn't load up

Hi,

I washed the phone's screen (made sure that all flaps were closed prior to that) and all of a sudden, after 10 seconds of water the screen became darker - till it wend completely black.

When I try to turn it on, no response, I also tried pressing power+low volume - still no response.

When connected to a charger - it continuosly makes 3 consecutive vibrations+red led flash over and over again - never stops.

I also tried the PC companion software with repair option - it doesn't work since every 3 seconds it connects and disconnects from the USB port.

I have no idea what to do next.

Sony please help!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: phone makes 3 vibrations when plugged in, black screen, doesn't load up

You may need to perform a software repair using PC companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi Alexdon,

Thanks for posting - I already wrote in the post - I tried PC companion with repair function already - it doesn't work since the USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds. Pressing Power + Volume (tried both up and down) does nothing. As long as the phone is connected to a power source (charger or USB) it keeps vibrating and no key combination affects its behaviour.

I also tried charging it for a few hours - I have no idea if it was charged or not since there's no indication. The red led is not constant while connected to the charger - it just keeps vibrating 3 times every few seconds and the red led is blinking too.

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

With PCC make sure you do not connect the device until you are prompted.Also,make sure the device is completely off.If this does not help,you need to stop by a sony service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I tried making it off but you can't really tell since the screen is not working and no sounds are signalling that it's off. I also tried the tiny red button to make it off. I also tried connecting the cable to PCC only when they write I should - and still doesn't work.

I also have a problem with the service because this devide was bought abroad, and in my country (Israel) the importer only gives service to devices that were imported by him.

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

In this case,contact xperia care:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

yes - but I just wrote you - xperia care in Israel is limited only to phones that were bought in Israel.

Is there a global support for such cases that I can turn to?

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

No,sorry.I am not aware of Sony giving international warranty.You could still ask them about your device.

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

hi shayh, did you manage to solve this problem? i have the exact symptoms..