account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

music unlimited authorize greyed out

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

music unlimited authorize greyed out

Hello everyone, I'm having trouble downloading music to my z1 compact from music unlimited for offline playback, when I select offline playback it tells me I need to authorize in settings but if I go to settings the option is greyed out but it tells me I have used up 0 of my 3 devices, any ideas, cheers.....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: music unlimited authorize greyed out

Hi Wayhav,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

When using Music Unlimited you need to make sure that you have downloaded the Playlist to the handset before you can use the offline mode, downloading a Playlist automatically authorises you to use the service.

Simply select ‘Download Playlist’ when your mobile device is in Online Mode to enable a playlist for offline mode.

Your playlists are saved either to your device internal memory or to the SD card. However, they cannot be removed from your device SD card to an external storage device.

To check which playlists or songs are available in Offline Mode simply switch to Offline Mode. Any Playlists not available in Offline Mode will be greyed out.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi Wayhav,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

When using Music Unlimited you need to make sure that you have downloaded the Playlist to the handset before you can use the offline mode, downloading a Playlist automatically authorises you to use the service.

Simply select ‘Download Playlist’ when your mobile device is in Online Mode to enable a playlist for offline mode.

Your playlists are saved either to your device internal memory or to the SD card. However, they cannot be removed from your device SD card to an external storage device.

To check which playlists or songs are available in Offline Mode simply switch to Offline Mode. Any Playlists not available in Offline Mode will be greyed out.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

To follow up on this response, how do I set it so that playlists are saved to the SD card? I cannot find this option and all music is being saved to the phone memory by default.

Thanks
Rookie
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I also wonder how to store offline music on the micro SD card and asked this on Monday http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Store-Offline-Music-on-micro-SD-card/m-p/600755#U600...

Jake said above that it is possible to save on SD card but I cannot find any setting for this:

"Your playlists are saved either to your device internal memory or to the SD card. However, they cannot be removed from your device SD card to an external storage device."

One more request. Why can I only start playing music in offline mode from the playlists view? I cannot for example start playing from the artists view, even though I have selected the music for that artist to be available in offline mode.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Got my z1c yesterday. I like the intergration of Music Limited (Prem Subcriber) with the walkman app... BUT...... you cant select the song / artist / or album offline??? (Its greyed out) You have to download the playlist and then can only select song from there??

I've an Xperia E... base model, whilst waiting for my new phone... and other than it being slower to load, its much better! Go figure?? How can i view album/s and artists and songs... offline on my new phone??

Also, it doesn't allow you to throw music unlimted songs to network speakers?? Sigh... so close... but only a 8/10. Fix both issues and i give 10/10!

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Sony!!! is anyone out there???? No response from my query... like i said my bunky Xperia E has a better Walkman App than the Z1c!! when i comes to music unlimited.

I got the new walkman app download a couple of nights ago... hoping that everthign would be good... nut... nothing.

My wife has an iphone 5, and music unlimited does everthing the sales pitch says.

Select album / artists or song offline (if downloaded), as if you were online. iphone Yes Z1c No

Throw unlimted music (offline) to network speakers. iphone Yes, Z1c No.

Throw unlimted music (online) to network speakers. iphone Yes, Z1c No.

Tell me, i've got a setting wrong somewhere but i reckon i'm half smart. Its derolic that Sony sells the therory and the hardware, yet it doesn't work??? but does on a iphone... you gotta be kidding me???

Please please please sort out a fix cos its embarrsing!!!

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: music unlimited iphone 5 better than sony z1c throw dlna

put this into capture other peoples searchs.

come on sony, pull your finger out!

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Re: music unlimited iphone 5 better than sony z1c throw dlna

see forum abvoe