account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 compact battery

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Z1 compact battery

I am having a problem with my z1 compact...if I have the phone display on for longer than 2 minutes, the phone shuts down and won't switch back on unless connected to a charger. When it does switch on, the battery percentage is usually around 60 percent after only 5 minutes of charging. Sometimes it optimises applications which can take up to one hour.

I have tried resetting and I have connected to pc companion and repaired from there. 

Any ideas gratefully received 😊

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z1 compact battery

@Vicster2803

That's clearly a hardware issue, contact your Local support to get it inspected and/or repaired.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

If you are in warranty period try local Sony support. If out of warranty think how much you value water proof, and then make a decision to service through official channel or your nearby mobile service. In PL battery replacement in Z1C takes around 1 - 2 hours.

I had this issue in Z1, my friend just replaced battery in Z1C... same as in yours. 40 to 60% of battery, then steep discharge to 1 -2 % within a second and immediate shut down.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

HI. I having the same problem. Did you find a decision or only the change of battery will help?
Adept
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi guys,

Sorry, this thread caught my eye: having problems with the battery drain issue and it seems to be getting worse! Currently switches off at around 25% Slightly frowning Face

Very annoying... I was just wondering, a.) how easy it is to fit a new battery? (Genuine Sony batteries on eBay for less than £10) and b.) if a new battery will make any difference whatsoever?! I'm out of warranty, purchased Jan 14' so I have nothing to lose as such. I was hoping to keep my Z1 Compact going until 2017 but at this rate I may have to consider upgrading early.

Be a shame to because I really like the phone :smileysmileythumbsup:

Demigod
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@slipd wrote:

Hi guys,

Sorry, this thread caught my eye: having problems with the battery drain issue and it seems to be getting worse! Currently switches off at around 25% Slightly frowning Face

Very annoying... I was just wondering, a.) how easy it is to fit a new battery? (Genuine Sony batteries on eBay for less than £10) and b.) if a new battery will make any difference whatsoever?! I'm out of warranty, purchased Jan 14' so I have nothing to lose as such. I was hoping to keep my Z1 Compact going until 2017 but at this rate I may have to consider upgrading early.

Be a shame to because I really like the phone :smileysmileythumbsup:

1) Phone is glued to keep in water proof. If you think you can manage it you will easly find some guides on youtube. If you are not sure (easy to break the glass) handle it to pros, who will do it for you for a little charge.

2) After replacing battery everything worked normal.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Adept
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, I think I'd probably supply to the parts and get a professional to do it. Are you saying that a new battery resolved the issue in your case?

I worry that this issue in general might be this Lollipop problem that keeps getting banded about. Apparently it is fixable but Sony aren't because the handset is no longer supported. Some of the modded firmwares (5.1/6.1) are reporting the problem as fixed!
Demigod
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I heard a lot but on mine Z1 I encountered that problem before Lollipop roll-out.

Second, friends Z1C - it is unbranded, working under 5.1.1 and after battery replacement it works fine. Maybe fixes that you mention are fixing it the way it doesn't shutdown immediately from 60% to 0% but it just drops down faster, in more linear way. Anyway if battery runs out of juice it will die.

My wifes Z1C is now 2.5 years old and still working fine on original battery but she charges it every two - three days. For me it took around a year of everyday charging of Z1 to observe this problem.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--