account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 Compact Extremely Low Headphone Sound

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Z1 Compact Extremely Low Headphone Sound

Hi all!  I decided to upgrade my 7 years old phone to a Z1 Compact.  Everything went perfect...  Until I plugged the headphone and tried to listen to music. I got really dissapointed because my 7 years old phone offers at least 1.5x higher sound level than my new Z1 Compact.  I also tested my friends' phones and results are the same.  Seriously, an update is needed to fix that low volume problem immediately so we, the Z1 Compact users won't be using our old phones for listening music. These kinds of problems doesn't suit the Sony quality.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Z1 Compact Extremely Low Headphone Sound

Perhaps you have a faulty unit or I'm not sure what might be the issue, but it doesn't hurt to try this

1. repair / re-install the latest update with PCC 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

or 

2. take it back to the store 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

15 REPLIES 15
Emperor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Which headphones are you using?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Also check this

Open the Walkman app > menu > settings > sound effects > sound enhancements > Settings > Headphone settings 

Visitor
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

With every headphones I use on Z1c, it still sounds low. I think it is not a headphone oriented problem. I also did those settings you stated. No matter what I do, it just doesn't work. I read topics about this problem before and it seems like it isn't fixed yet. My aim by starting a new topic is to attract attention of Sony and help us Z1 Compact users by solving this problem.

Emperor
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Check the settings suggestion

Visitor
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Unfortunately, nothing is working, including your suggestion. I believe the solution is at Sony. I don't want to waste my phone by rooting and installing some mods to fix this low volume problem Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

it will be wise to post which headphones you have tested 

Visitor
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Okay, I tested with Sennheiser Mx 270, of course the one that comes with phone ( MH750 I think) and an Apple Earpod. As I said, they all had the same low volume on my Z1c.

Emperor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Just to be clear, settings > sound > volumes > music, video, games & other media > max it 

then test again 

also settings > sound > sound effects > is clear audio+ and dynamic normalizer selected, if they are uncheck them 

Visitor
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I just checked them. Volume levels in sounds settings were already maxed and clear audio and dynamic normalizer were already unchecked. Still no change...