account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z1 WiFi wont turn on

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia Z1 WiFi wont turn on

one month later after updating my phone to lollipop , i turned off my phone then i turned on my phone , i try to turn on my wifi but it does not resopond , i've try to restart my phone many times  but no way the phone cant responds for turnning on the wifi and wifi still off , i've try to update my z1 compact to android version 5.0.2 but also the problem still the same . how can i fix that problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xperia Z1 WiFi wont turn on

Try repairing your phone using PC Companion.
9 REPLIES 9
Adept
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Try repairing your phone using PC Companion.
Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

thank u for ur advice Slightly smiling Face , i will try to do that 

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi tariqs,

Welcome to the community,

If the software repair does not help, then we can only really advise that you try contact Sony Mobile within your region for support. This may be hardware and may require servicing.

Lets hope the software repair works.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

I have the same problem too and it is very annoying.

My Z1 Compact was upgraded to Lollipop just yesterday and since then I am not able to connect to my home wi-fi whatsoever - restarting couple of times, switching wifi on/off couple of times. I also re-installed the phone using PC Companion as advised in another topic here. But the problem is all the time the same.

It is definitely not a hardware issue as it worked smoothly with Kitkat.

I would like to ask you for an advise how to fix the issue as the phone is useless at this stage. I have already checked the support in my country (Czech Republic) and the only way is to send the phone via postal service, which is not acceptable for me as I need the phone every day.

If you do not have any other way how to solve this issue then advise me please how to get back to the Kitkat version which I was very happy with.

In the end, let me express a huge disappointment with the Sony company which is continuing with the Lollipop upgrades although it very well knows that the upgrade is causing such issues (the first reports about the wi-fi connections issues are more than 1 month old on this support forum).

Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Does it connect to any WiFi network other than your home's network?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

somebody find a solution on this problem?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi joreargento,

Have you attempted the software repair on the device?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@joreargento

repair your phone with PCC and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)