account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wi-Fi speed incredibly slow on Z1 compact

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Wi-Fi speed incredibly slow on Z1 compact

Hi  Help Please

I have had no problems till last week The wi-fi network sped has dropped by 75% it was always 12 meg with my talktalk router now it has dropped to 1.5 meg My Pc and android tablet which use the the same router are still 12meg . So the issue is the phone . Have not done full reinstall yet  has anybody any Ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Wi-Fi speed incredibly slow on Z1 compact

Think I have it sorted seem to have been a app to locate fit bit via blue tooth  It now been 3 days and speeds are Normal

Thanks for help

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@briant566

Settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test WiFi

Also, test the device in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for reply  was not aware you could boot up in safe mood same as PC

Tried it and spedd was back at normal speed

So looks like i need to restore factory settings

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@briant566

you could do that, BUT, if you reinstall the same apps you might experience the same issue. By booting on safe mode you disabled all third party apps, at least one of them was causing this problem, it'll be wise to uninstall one by one until you find the culprit. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Think I have it sorted seem to have been a app to locate fit bit via blue tooth  It now been 3 days and speeds are Normal

Thanks for help