account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WLan problem (firmware 14.3.A.0.761)

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

WLan problem (firmware 14.3.A.0.761)

After update to firmware version 14.3.A.0.761, I have had problem of connecting to WLan network.

I have successfully logged on to the network, but it does not connect to network but is set to status saved.

The signal strength for the network is good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: WLan problem (firmware 14.3.A.0.761)

Maybe helpfull:

Remove the credentials of your phone from the router: remove all so that your router does no longer remember the phone.

Remove the credentials of your router from the phone: forget your wireless access point in the phone.

Search for a "new" wireless access point to connect your phone to. Enter the WPS-code etc. (If the phone is still able to connect automatically the first time, you haven't cleared all data : do it again and repeat).

Now it should work ok.

Worth a try ..... :smileysmileywink:

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Check out this topic:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Wi-Fi-problems/m-p/348104#U348104

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

The WLan problem started immediately after update to firmware 14.3.A.0.761. Before that update I had no problems with the WLan connectivity.

When I try to connect to wlan the signal strength drops when the mobile authenticates to wlan, but in the list of available wlans the signal strength looks good.

I have no trouble using the same wlan with a MS Surface computer.

I have just done a factory reset of the phone without any luck.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Maybe helpfull:

Remove the credentials of your phone from the router: remove all so that your router does no longer remember the phone.

Remove the credentials of your router from the phone: forget your wireless access point in the phone.

Search for a "new" wireless access point to connect your phone to. Enter the WPS-code etc. (If the phone is still able to connect automatically the first time, you haven't cleared all data : do it again and repeat).

Now it should work ok.

Worth a try ..... :smileysmileywink:

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Reset of the wireless modem, and 2 re-connects from the phone => problem solved Slightly smiling Face