account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume of music changes constantly with headphones plugged in

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Volume of music changes constantly with headphones plugged in

Hi guys,

I have android version 5.0.2 and since a couple of days the volume changes constantly from loud to silent with headphones plugged in. The headphones are the sport headphones from Philipps, but do not have any kind of remote control. I also tried to use other headphones same problem. I guess the Xperia has some kind of problem with remote controlling...

Did anyone had the same problem or knows how to fix it? Does anyone know how to turn off the remote controlling option?

Cheers,
Eric
5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Volume of music changes constantly with headphones plugged in

Hi Zonky,

Welcome to the community,

You should check the sound settings on the handset, as you may have an auto sound option turned on which is changing the audio levels.

Menu > Settings > Sound & Notifications > Audio Settings

Have a play in this section.

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi!

I have got the same problem with my Xperia (5.0.2).

In addition to the aforesaid, the problem arises after you listening the music first (sound volume and sound quality - ok), then talking or playing by phone and after that I am trying to listen music again - the sound in hearphones becomes awful. Sound volume may be very loud and the same time, sound quality (bass, treble) becomes different settings and it is impossible to listen to music with such awful quality. Only phone restarting helps to return settings back (equalizer settings and type of earphones). I chose type of earphones proceeding from impedance parameters (Hifiman earphones). Please help.

Cheers!

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hey guys, I had this problem 3 months ago. Your phones have broken jack ports, it also let's dust get inside the phone and makes the camera cover glass dirty from the inside. It was so annoying smart connect app kept going crazy, phone silencing volumes by itself and then after fiddling too much with the headphone connector it stopped working at all. A new jack connector for the phone is like £4 but I don't know how much they fit it for, mine was repaired by insurance company. Hope this helps. Peace
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes I noticed. Sony software seems to do automatic compression to your music. This is one of the many reasons  I'm switching to another manufacturer phone. The other two are. Turning down volume without even a prompt. And bad engineering on IP65. The o-ring that sits over USB port falls out and water gets inthrough USB micro port and kills display 

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

It does it when my phone is fully charged and I have the charger pluged in, while using my headset. When I unpluged the charger, it stopped doing it!