account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Turn on the torch quickly

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Turn on the torch quickly

Hi,

I was wondering whether there's a way to quickly turn on or off the torch using the buildin flash light unit? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Turn on the torch quickly

I do not think there is an app for that (default),you have to open the camera.Download a 3rd party app from google play for that.I remember my old Xperia P had an app called torch,useful.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

I do not think there is an app for that (default),you have to open the camera.Download a 3rd party app from google play for that.I remember my old Xperia P had an app called torch,useful.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Besides the ordinary torch applications (with widgets) downloadable in the Google Play Store there are several torch Small Apps, too. You can download them directly via Play Store or over the link inside the Small App drawer. I would recommed you Flash Small App by Renaud Aste, which is available for free. That would reduce the required clicks to two, at least.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I use Tiny Flashlight

You can also enable as a widget on the widget on the locked screen. Setting/security/enable widgets.

Then on the locked screen you can swipe right the clock the you have a + sign. Tap and you can add the flashlight

Cheers

Demigod
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Actually you can just use a flashlight small app.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for everyone replies.

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Anytime.

Hun
One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

This happened to me just recently on my experia z1 compact,go to your home screen,pull down the blind to reveal a torch, tap this to switch off,

Rookie
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Open tool bar on top of home screen and it is already there.