account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Tasks 1.0.A.0.1

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Tasks 1.0.A.0.1

While it's nice to see this new Sony app added today via Update Centre with Exchange integration, I note the following on the latest KitKat:

- New tasks can't be added via Sony Calendar - the Add Task page just shows a blank. Nor can existing task details be viewed, for the same reason.

- Reminder notifications are duplicated between Calendar and Task apps, with no way to switch off the former.

- Reminders can't be set from within Email (this is one of the most useful features of tasks within the Outlook desktop client - read an email and set a reminder to do something about it).

- No Tasks widget (yet?)

I look forward to seeing how the app & integration develops in future.

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Tasks 1.0.A.0.1

Still there. If default calendar is Google cal tasks show blanck screen....

I need this function!

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Even removal of Google calendar doesn't seem to help.

The fact this basic feature of adding tasks hasn't been fixed yet since the kit kat update is very annoying!
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I should add that this is in regards to adding tasks via the drawer in the calendar app where it is meant to be integrated.

Adding tasks directly to the task app itself seems to work.
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Task only support Exchange, not google task. For tasks sync accross multiple devices and platforms, I use Tasks by Team Tasks. You may get it from Play Store, it has a widget and sync to your gmail account.
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I share your frustration with the task function of the default calendar app. I just emailed Sony a few moments ago regarding this. I hope they can help me out. I'll post once I get a response.
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I don't see tasks in update centre on my z1 compact