account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

T9 keyboard on 4.3

SOLVED
Message 31 of 44
Message 31 of 44

Re: T9 keyboard on 4.3

@sony how about to get emoji to works with t9 layout ?=Slightly smiling Face it doesn´t work now 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 44
Message 32 of 44

It has been forwarded as feedback internally but right now you need to turn the phone to see the full keyboard and press the smiley button if you want emojis.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 33 of 44
Message 33 of 44

A big thanks to you!!! Been irritated with qwerty keypad since I got the 4.3 update for Z 2 months or so back. Was considering flashing my phone just to go back to 4.2. Been a T9 user since I bought Arc 3 years ago. Great find by man!!!.

Hope Sony sees the point in bringing back T9 instead of hiding it this way. Also hope it creates more skins like the ones provided for Japanese Keypad!!!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 34 of 44
Message 34 of 44

Awesome, phonepad option back in the portrait section in language options for international keyboard

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
One time poster
Message 35 of 44
Message 35 of 44

Hi İ am currently On 4.3 jelly bean 14.2.Â.1.114 QWERTY Keyboard is Killing me İ have tried to Update Keyboard but THE xperia Keyboard On google play is NOT compatible Within My Version How will İ Update My Keyboard?
One time poster
Message 36 of 44
Message 36 of 44

How do you update the keyboard in the play store . New to android?
Visitor
Message 37 of 44
Message 37 of 44

Hi, my wife love the T9 keyboard on her Xperia P and now she "upgrade?" to a Xperia M2 but there is no T9 keyboard. She is very uptset. There is any way to have the T9 keyboard again..Please????

Android 4.4.2

Best regards: Juan

One time poster
Message 38 of 44
Message 38 of 44

Where can I get xperia t9 keyboard layout? I am also interested. for my sony z ultra c6833

Message 39 of 44
Message 39 of 44

Yes,me too,z ultra c6833 as well,kitkat 4.4.4 had t9 until I updated to lollipop,i downgraded back to 4.4.4 again and t9 was gone
Sage
Message 40 of 44
Message 40 of 44

Settings>language & keyboard> Xperia keyboard> portrait keyboard> select phone pad. I guess this is similar to t9.