account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sync Facebook photos to phone contacts in Lollipop?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sync Facebook photos to phone contacts in Lollipop?

Hi all,

I've yet to update my Z1 Compact to Lollipop 5.1.1 (still on KitKat) - one of the features I am wondering about is do phone contacts sync up with Facebook in Lollipop like they do in KitKat, so, for example, does the contacts photo sync from Facebook to my phone contacts?

I tried the original Lollipop update (5.0) in May and I didn't like it and went back to KitKat - would you recommend the update now? Are there any other caveats I should be aware of? Missing or changed features from KitKat?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sync Facebook photos to phone contacts in Lollipop?

@alex_ncfc Are you talking about this?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/sync-contacts-with-facebook/td-p/1048...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@alex_ncfc Are you talking about this?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/sync-contacts-with-facebook/td-p/1048...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes @Alexdon that's what I mean.

It looks like the contact sync feature has been removed from the Facebook app, which is crazy, it's been in there for years and years, since I had my Xperia X10 in 2010.

It still works on KitKat which I am on now, but that's because it has Xperia Inside Facebook, which Sony themselves inexplicably removed from Lollipop Slightly frowning Face so now neither Facebook nor Sony support a very useful and handy feature.

Kinda reluctant to update to 5.1 because of this, unless it's coming back soon of course.

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I'm sorry to bring bad news. Perhaps you can give some feedback to facebook developers.