account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 81 of 318
Message 81 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Yes, I did. I've never installed any applications like this.

Enthusiast
Message 82 of 318
Message 82 of 318

I'll say it again: ONLY FIX IS CHANGING THE BATTERY. BATTTERY IS DAMAGE AND THATS WHY ITS DROPPING.

it will immediately stoped after a batttery change. This has been reported several time. Does have nothing to do with repai/factory reset/apps/battery saver

Message 83 of 318
Message 83 of 318

I try everything, downgrade to kitkat, update android 5.1.1 don't help this issues. I came Sony Service, they said to me, your battery is good, your energy connector is normal. Nobody knows why have this problem.

So You must drop out your phone to rubbish Slightly frowning Face
Apprentice
Message 84 of 318
Message 84 of 318

Although people are saying the only way to go about it is to replace our batteries, I'd like to see an official post from Sony on the matter.

I tried contacting support, but I got advices like "stop using wifi". I've managed to convince the support lady I needed to go to Sony Service, and she said I have to have a checkout check for my phone but it's long gone, unfortunately.

Message 85 of 318
Message 85 of 318

Xperia Z1 Compact, Battery discharging. How to solve?

Hi Everyone, I have Xperia Z1 compact about 18 mounths. Last May I update my phone to Andorid 5.0.2. After upgrade My phone is discharging 0% and Shuts down, I connect plug and turn on then Phone charge will be 50, 60 or 70%. I downgrade to Kitkat but That repeat again. I can't play game or video. I go Sony Service but they said to me your battery is good, electric connector is good. They just updated software. But not effect. How to solve this? Please help Slightly frowning Face

Screenshot_2015-10-17-22-25-20.png

Commissioner
Message 86 of 318
Message 86 of 318

I'll try 4.4.4 once again. If it doesn't help I'll go to the service center for the battery replacement and ask them to re-install the firmware of their choice.

If it doesn't help I'll ditch z1 compact.

Message 87 of 318
Message 87 of 318

I think, This problem is starting during upgrade from kitkat to lollipop. Because, If It has problem with Lollipop then after downgrade to kitkat problem will be solved but the same issues represented in kitkat. Actually I don't know how to solve this problem but I think Upgrade causes this problem

Message 88 of 318
Message 88 of 318

Re: Problems after update (Lollipop 5.1.1)

I have just a problem with battery discharging as well as Android 5.0.2

Emperor
Message 89 of 318
Message 89 of 318

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact, Battery discharging. How to solve?

@ibrahimferhadli

Don't create duplicate posts.

@ibrahimferhadli wrote:

Hi Everyone, I have Xperia Z1 compact about 18 mounths. Last May I update my phone to Andorid 5.0.2. After upgrade My phone is discharging 0% and Shuts down, I connect plug and turn on then Phone charge will be 50, 60 or 70%. I downgrade to Kitkat but That repeat again. I can't play game or video. I go Sony Service but they said to me your battery is good, electric connector is good. They just updated software. But not effect. How to solve this? Please help Slightly frowning Face

Screenshot_2015-10-17-22-25-20.png

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 90 of 318
Message 90 of 318

Re: SHAMEFUL SONY response to Xperia Z1 Compact, Battery discharging.

This issue has been circulating now for at least 5 months. In all this time Sony are trying to convince us all that this is not a hardware issue, but a software problem caused by the Lollipop upgrade. Well very sorry Sony but Android is your operating system and our phones have been prompting us to make the upgrade to Lollipop. So its down to Sony to either come up with a solution , or to contact all Z1 compact users and warn them NOT to upgrade to Lollipop as it will may very well render the phone useless.

I am a business user, I waited for some months before installing the Lollipo upgrade expecting any teething issues to be solved by now. I installed Lollipop and have now had 2 low battery shutdowns in 2 days with battery levels suddenly dropping by 20-40 pct in an instant. Having studied various forum posts is is clear re-setting does not help. Battery replacement will not gtee a solution.And even downgrading to KitKat does not solve the problem, As a business user I cannot accept such unreliability and will dump the phone. I had been waiting for the Z5 compact to establish itself before upgrading my phone but I now feel Sony cannot be relied upon and will turn to other alternatives.