account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 311 of 318
Message 311 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

I used my Z1 compact for about 3 years, until the battery problem became to big (after battery status reduced to 50% gone in a few minutes). Now had my battery replaced in a local shop which was not so expensive compared to price of new phone (eur 45). For me this improved situation quite a lot.

One time poster
Message 312 of 318
Message 312 of 318

I've seen the same issue on my wifes Z1.  Ironically, it first happened less than 2 weeks ago, literally on the day the warranty ended.  Just had a chat with Sony CS, and they claim it's not a common problem (despite what Google search results might suggest), and aren't interested in any goodwill gestures.

I'll be voting with my feet, and buying something that doesn;t have a Sony badge on it.

One time poster
Message 313 of 318
Message 313 of 318

El problema que tengo es que mi celular solo conectado me funciona lo desconecto y se me apaga que puedo hacer me pueden ayudar gracias

Translation via Google translate:

The problem I have is that my cell phone only connected it works, I disconnect it and it turns off what can I do can help me thanks

Message 314 of 318
Message 314 of 318

@Mickey2

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

This sounds like a battery issue, contact your Local support and get your phone inspected by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 315 of 318
Message 315 of 318

having problem with Sony Xperia 

Z1 battery cant retain power, ie battery drain

One time poster
Message 316 of 318
Message 316 of 318

I am also facing the same issue. Sony Service Center guy is charging exorbitant price for replacement of battery.

kindly help.

Message 317 of 318
Message 317 of 318

Do anyone have the same problem? If it has, replace battery. I replaced on Aug 2016. It still working very well. However, I updated Android 5.1 again. Not problem.

Message 318 of 318
Message 318 of 318

Problem starts again. I think Z1 Compact battery life is 18 months. I need replace again