account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 318
Message 21 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Screenshot_2015-07-09-06-20-10.pngScreenshot_2015-07-09-06-20-10.pngScreenshot_2015-07-09-06-19-34.pngScreenshot_2015-07-05-21-06-18.pngI have the same problem too , i noticed that phone never goes to deep sleep always on 300mhz cpu usage !! when left on standby it only has 16 hours when 100% while it was 4 days before ! i dont know what happened after that update phone is useless now unstable and it all happened suddenly without any warnings . factory resets and pc companion repairs are useless too .
I need a solution for this problem cause its sony's fault !! 

Learner
Message 22 of 318
Message 22 of 318

Hey Snip2La, 

That was really useful, thank you!

Decided to go for battery replacement but before that i just want to know how well is it performing in the Lollipop version?

PS: All this drain problem started after upgrading to Lollipop. Then I had spent some quality time and done the reseach on getting back to Kitkat and finally downgraded as well, but in vain. Battery performance is still the worse and experiencing sudden death and jump drains as in the Lollipop. So even Kitkat is no good! 

If your battery perfoms well in Lollipop, thats a great news!! Will happily go for the replacement!!!!

If possible, please attach ur battery usage screenshots with the new battery..

Your reply will be useful! 

Learner
Message 23 of 318
Message 23 of 318

And yet, I find it strange how people can adamently state it only happend right after the Lollipop update. 

If that were true, I and my girlfriend also would be having these problems. But the battery lives of our Z1c's have improved significantly since the Lollipop update. 

Still, apps can sometimes be somewhat unstable so an update to Lollipop is definitely needed. But battery is OK. In 2 full days, it can go from 90% to as low as 3% without any sudden drops or shutdowns. 

Maybe there are batches of bad batteries that start failing at a certain age and, coincidentally, this is at the same time as the rolling of Lollipop. 

Inhabitant
Message 24 of 318
Message 24 of 318

hi to all.....

umfortynatery i have the same prblem. i did repair from pc companion,2 weeks ago, but still have the problem. i don't want to replace the battery.... It's sony's software problem, not from my use.....

Please Sony do something.....

One time poster
Message 25 of 318
Message 25 of 318

Hi, same problem.

Why sony does not provide any feedback/support to all us ?

It is rather obvious that it is a hardware/software problem that the Sony company should solve. My phone is still on warrenty, and I do not want to spend my money to change the battery. Sony should do it. Any answer from the support team ?

I think that we are in the situation for a class-action......

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 318
Message 26 of 318

This is user based forum - you will not get any official info here. If your phone does not work and it is still under warranty, send it to your local SONY representative for repair. But be aware that the battery life will not improve with the new system update. My friend done that and the phone -  although it works slightly better - is still a lot worse than before on 4.4.4.

And do not buy SONY anymore - theis should teach them a lesson.

Apprentice
Message 27 of 318
Message 27 of 318

I also certify. As soon as I replaced the battery - the problem went away, and the phone works very well. I bought it http://www.ebay.com/itm/PolarCell-Ba...item4d2e740b70
I can say that this is an excellent battery charge keeps better stock
The remaining 50% of the charge and the time display ~4hrs
What is the conclusion? We have got defective batch of phones? Or excessive heat kills the battery? It seems to me blame it all factors
We won the lottery Sony) But if such a lottery would continue, the situation will worsen for Sony

One time poster
Message 28 of 318
Message 28 of 318

Same thing here it suddenly just drains from about 60% to 0% in a flash and shuts down. I ordered new battery. None of the other solutions helped.
Learner
Message 29 of 318
Message 29 of 318

Hey all,

Small update:

i did send my phone to Coolblue (dutch webshop) they forwarded the phone to Sony.

yesterday i got an e-mail that my phone was repared and send back home.

All within waranty. And it took only a week,

The repare note stated:

Translated.

There are several parts replaced.
The device is tested and works as expected

Dutch original note:

Er zijn diverse onderdelen van uw toestel vervangen.
Het toestel is daarna getest en werkt weer naar behoren.

i hope the box includes a more technical explanation of the "Several parts" that are replaced

but lots of credits to both Coolbue.nl and Sony

for taking my complaint serious and for solving the problem!

Apprentice
Message 30 of 318
Message 30 of 318

Hi, if you still need my advice.

I've never rolled back to kitkat.

Since replacement it works fine even on Lolipop.

I doesn't drop down, it's just live as much as you use it(like brand new just after unpacking).

There's new option in Lolipop "UltraStamina" (with limited applications and absolutely no data), I've used it once, xperia worked from Friday morning to Sunday night and had some power at the end))

On regular usage, I'm able to charge it once in two days.

Here are some screens(I didn't  tried to do its best)

No sudden death, and line is almost horisontal when Data is switched Off. 

Screenshot_2015-07-28-13-08-21.pngScreenshot_2015-07-28-13-08-21.png