account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 318
Message 11 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

We need an app permissions manager so that the google servicescam be kept out of staying awaks and causing all of this havoc. Soon enough all the batteries are gonna be dead and SONY will just waah its hands off of this issue. Hope an update is soon released so that the permissions can be managed.
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 318
Message 12 of 318

Just an Update

My battery is now bloated and will have to be replaced. the back panel is lifting off from the usual position at the mid left of the phone which I presume is where the battery is placed.

One time poster
Message 13 of 318
Message 13 of 318

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact battery problem

Hi guys

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. A few weeks ago I realized that my battery was behaving strange. This happened when I was using my phone in the street I remember the battery was near the 50% (that's good for me, because I had been out of home for a long time without charging it), but 2 or 3 minutes later the phone turned off (the battery died).

This happened to me a several times being at home too. Then I decided to see what was happening.

Screenshot_2015-06-19-00-47-23.png

I took this screenshot from the "battery use" menu in "settings". (Sorry if it is in Spanish)
It seems that the battery "dies" rapidly below the 50%.

I have only dropped my phone one time :/
The battery is a Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery.

Can someone tell me if I can do something to fix it or if it's more serious than I think?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 318
Message 14 of 318

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact battery problem

One time poster
Message 15 of 318
Message 15 of 318

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact battery problem

I have a the same problem after update to 5.0.2
Learner
Message 16 of 318
Message 16 of 318

Hi,

Even I'm having this issue it seems. My Z1C spins freely on the table!... Does that indicates the battery is dead? Please let me know. I am having deep battery drain problem (getting only 6-7 hrs with Stamina mode on)

Appreciate your reply, thanks!

Apprentice
Message 17 of 318
Message 17 of 318

Hi, Guys.
Finally i made a dicision to change battery, because my Z1 compact became too unstable to live with it))
Yesterday I've replaced battery by myself, and I may say that it is very simple.
I'm sure if my battery is original, but now my phone is running well))

Seems like this is the only right decision.

Have a nice day))

One time poster
Message 18 of 318
Message 18 of 318

How long the battery stands now (both in normal and stamina modes)??
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 318
Message 19 of 318

Its stands just like before, but when it reaches a certain percentage (like 23% for ex.) the phone dies out...

Apprentice
Message 20 of 318
Message 20 of 318

Hi, All
Sivag08, if you asked me))
Yesterday was the very first day of new battery
It has 53% after replacement.
Then I put it on charger for all night.

My day starts from 5:20 AM with 100%

I don't use Stamina.

All the day Mobile Data and WiFi are switched on.

Usage is medium like browsing, email, Whatsapp chatting and couple of couples of some fun videos
As of 23:30 a had about 37%.

It means that after two or three full charging cycle it will be able to live two entire days (and may be much longer with Ultra or regular stamina). And I repeat I'm not even sure that battery is original)) 

So, back to life))

P.S. During month since first "suddenly drop" problem was progressing... So at last days I had to carry external battery eveywhere with me, and charge my phone after every call and it was terrible and disturbing and etc...

I hope, my post will be useful.