account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 111 of 318
Message 111 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

I'm familiar with all that.

Like many other people, I tried different software solutions first.

I've just ordered a new battery on ebay. I'll try to repair the phone myself.

Message 112 of 318
Message 112 of 318

Guys, Sony released new firmware (14.6.A.1.216). They explain that given bug fixes. Did you try this?
Commissioner
Message 113 of 318
Message 113 of 318

I tried .216 last weekend and the results didn't improve. But that is my case.

Message 114 of 318
Message 114 of 318

Guys problem depends on hardware. I guess Only way to solve is battery's replacement. I'm sorry. Software update didn't solve. Absolutely depends on hardware
One time poster
Message 115 of 318
Message 115 of 318

What really is that Sony doesn´t provide ANY truthful answer of this matter at all! :-/

This is a phone series that has reached high popularity by being "user friendly" and excellent in workspeed, has an top end camera.

But when this is said, I´d think that Sony does this on purpose, I mean by not supporting their customers with their problems ... They´re much more busy developing new models, so who cares if a customer has bought a Z1 Compact in 2014, as now the Z5 Compact is in the stores.
It´s all about making the money, giving a sh*t about customer care!
They wouldn´t launch new updates randomly if they knew that it did damage the phone, right? well .. every phone model needs specific systemsoftware, and a phone that keeps breaking/shutting down by it self, is a reason to replace or upgrade the phone, only problem is that a new phone costs a lot of money, and money (unfortunately) doesn´t grow on trees.

I´ve had the same issues with my Z1 Compact, it goes from 70-60-50 and sometimes even 40% to 1% power in a matter of seconds, and then shuts down ... it charges all the way to 100% but power doesn´t even last for 12 hours, not even with flightmode on and all power/stamina mode on.
I´ve got no "battery saving/repair apps" installed ... Only the pre-installed, pre-bought apps that came with the phone ( some even been deleted as I didn´t use them).
Oh btw ... same issue was when one systemupdate made the sound volume drop by 50% opposed to other smartphones, Sony never did issue a "repair" update for that either! :-/

I´ve made factory reset, etc, etc, etc, etc such as proclaimed in the support was supposed to "do the trick" ... I´ve reset ALL settings to standards, still nothing works properly.

Next step will to have the battery replaced with a new one, and hopefully this will work forfillingly, other wise, I´ll make a nice video for youtube, showing how a "Brilliant" Sony Xperia Z1 compact looks like while being trashed with a 12lb sledgehammer, and then go back to using my excellent cheap a*s backup phone witch is a NOKIA 105 that actually manages to keep standby power for more than 3 days with "light use".

Commissioner
Message 116 of 318
Message 116 of 318

I ordered a new battery on ebay from a trusted seller. Unfortunatelly, the battery seems to be incompatible with my z1 compact. The battery looks the same as the original one, has the same type markings etc. but the phone is not recognizing it properly. So, I have to buy another battery from another seller, try it and hope that I will be lucky enough to be able to use z1 compact again. In the meantime I'm using my older phone. I don't want to go to the service center since I opose to the concept of the glued phone back cover for which I have to use the service center and I love to repair devices on my own, when I can. To conclude, I haven't been able to use my z1 compact for a couple of weeks now and it is unknown when I will be using it again.

Adept
Message 117 of 318
Message 117 of 318

I contacted Xperia care about the software 14.6.A.1.216 and they now have said twice that the software I have on my phone (14.6.A.0.368) is the latest one... Even if it says otherwise on the Sony Xperia website. I'm going to send mine in for repair, hoping for the best!

Rookie
Message 118 of 318
Message 118 of 318

I just want to join this group and say that after latest software update I also have same problem with battery, when it goes down to 50% it suddenly drops to 0% and automatically turn off. I tried with PC Companion (repair) but no luck, still the same. I just want to tell Sony that, if it was because an update...well shi* happens, but get your shi* together I don't wanna go to the dark side (Samsung)! ;-)

Regular
Message 119 of 318
Message 119 of 318

Mine now shuts off at 90% if I have mobile data on.
Message 120 of 318
Message 120 of 318

Ouch, thats the worst case I have heard of. I guess Im lucky as the solution I posted is still working for me. Im trying to keep my useage where possible to just calls/emails and light internet browsing with skype and twitter in background and able to get a full day without any problem and still able to go well beyond 50 pct without phone shutting  down.

Im still watching reviews for the Z5 compact but seems from feedback on this forum that it is not without fault. Temting to wait for marshmallow and see how Z% compact copes with that update...

If not may have to go over to the dark side and consider the I phone, or the very interesting Blackberry Priv which has appeal for heavy email use like myself and now running Android.