account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Message 91 of 318
Message 91 of 318

Re: SOLUTION TO Xperia Z1 Compact, Battery discharging.

After browsing various solutions/forums this worked for me.  After upgrading from Kitkat to Lollipop my phone suffered from damatic drop in battery time including switching off from 40/50 pct battery remaining..

Firstly with battery half drained I removed the sim card whilst phone still switched on. The phone will automatically re-start and enter flight mode. I connected the charger and left the phone on charge over night (not sure if this is actually neccessary) . I then re-inserted the sim and performed a forced shut down (hold down the up-volume button and the on off button at the same time for a few seconds, the phone will vibrate 3 times and shutdown) restart the phone. 

On re starting I found my pop 3 emails account were no longer syncing (Imap was ok) 

I went into settings/apps/all and 'cleared data' for both the 'smart connect' app, and the 'email' app. WARNING THIS DELETES YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS. I re created my email accounts and they working fine.  

The status of the battery at present seems to be even better than when running under kitkat. I have the stamina modes switched off, under power management  the only item ticked is Queue background data. I have also swicthed off the auto-updating and checking for updates for Apps. After 12 hours I still have 60 pct remaining (estimated 10 hours)

Commissioner
Message 92 of 318
Message 92 of 318

The problem is that all these solutions go only half way. There is always some service try to access the internet and trying to use mobile radio or some other part of the OS. You find and elimitane one problem, and another one appers. I've just crossed half of Europe and carried 2 phones because z1c was totally unreliable and demonstrated battery drops.

Message 93 of 318
Message 93 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Hi Guys, I observed new solution for this issues. I downgrade to Kitkat. and I try my phone with use down from 60% charging life. And Phone didn't drop again. I want to tell that You should charge your phone to 75% or %60. You don't have to charge to full.

but I warn this is not stable solution. It's just a temporary solution

Please try this and feedback to me

Message 94 of 318
Message 94 of 318

UPDATE - It is now 4 days since I tried the 'remove sim solution' as outlined in my post 91. So far my bettery life is fully restored and no problems, I am about to travel overseas for a week so will update on return.

SO SEEMS THIS MAY BE A PERMANENT SOLUTION AND NOT TEMPORARY!

If you try it let me know how it goes.

Message 95 of 318
Message 95 of 318

@Too-old-to-rock I try your solution but charge is drain very fast, so 2% per minutes
Message 96 of 318
Message 96 of 318

@Too-old-to-rock It repeats, Battery drop again
Learner
Message 97 of 318
Message 97 of 318

you charged your phone the whole night, ok, but it was ON or OFF?

Commissioner
Message 98 of 318
Message 98 of 318

Whatever trick I tried, the battery drain problem re-appeared in a couple of days.

Learner
Message 99 of 318
Message 99 of 318

Screenshot_2015-10-24-22-00-08.png

Battery Changed, problem solved, Thanks For NOTHING, SONY

Message 100 of 318
Message 100 of 318

@Draaaven please you share experience after replacement, because Someone had the problem after replacement