account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 318
Message 1 of 318

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Hi All,

got the Z1 Compact since jan. 2014 never had any problems regarding the battery

now when the battery is below 50% it suddenly drops (not drains) to 1%.  and shutsdown.

i noticed this problem since lollipop update

first screenshot show it just after 20:00 the second time was today just before 17:00

the empty space on the second screenshot was for shutting down and restarting the phone..

i though that might help. but didn't 

Screenshot_2015-05-24-23-29-15.pngScreenshot_2015-05-25-16-35-20.pngScreenshot_2015-05-24-23-34-09.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 46 of 318
Message 46 of 318

Re: Battery Problem

@amitv8899

Repair the phone with PCC, if you experience the same issue, contact your local Xperia Care

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

317 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 318
Message 2 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Hi

Have a look at this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375

Let us know how it goes.

Learner
Message 3 of 318
Message 3 of 318

Nothing changed i did all these things.

Safe mode, compagnon Factory reset, and went back to KitKat... Still the same problemen...

Sony please help!
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 318
Message 4 of 318

Hi

Are you using task killers, battery savers, antivirus apps etc ?

If yes then read on from reply 62 .
Do get back here to update us.

Moreove it's not a sony problem but a problem withing the android.

Any phone running android can have this abnormal drop.

Don't believe me ?

here you go > https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sudden%20battery%20dr...

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 318
Message 5 of 318

Yes mee too
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 318
Message 6 of 318

The problem is with Google services. that stupid thing keeps crashing the phone. none of the new updates to Google work well.
Apprentice
Message 7 of 318
Message 7 of 318

Hi, All.
I've got absolutely the same problem.
It starts crashing just after announcation of Lolipop (but before updating of my Z1 compact,  may be it's just an coincidence)

Hard reset didn't help on KitKat, and upade to Lolipop didn't help too))

Since about ten recharge cycles after first unexpected shutdown my Z1 Compact lives only 10-12 hours of very light using and able to crash at any time during increase of power consumption(phone call or viewing video etc.) 

Before first battery crash the lifetime was up to 2 days of medium usage(so 4 time more than now).

I'm thinking about battery replacement, but if there is other solution I'd rather use it))

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 318
Message 8 of 318

Hi Snip

No, don't go for a new battery, it's a software problem rather than a hardware. Have a look at the thread I posted above. Follow all the instructions and precautions given in that thread. 

If you haven't had a clean software install ever since you updated to lollipop then I'd adivce you to repair your phone's software via Sony PC Companion. This will ensure removal of glitches and better performance and battery backup.

Update / Repair your phone via PC Companion

Download PC Companion and install it. Do not connect your phone until you're asked to do so.

Launch PC Companion > Start Support zone > Start Phone/ Tablet Software update > select Repair my Phone / Tablet > Follow the on-screen instructions it shows.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 318
Message 9 of 318

Nabeel, hello.

Thanx for your advice))

I've cleaned it twice, right before update to Lolipop and then after a few days after....

Today I observed terrible thing, back cover has slight bump in upper half, between camera and NFC...

It means that batery is inflated and almost dead))

I have to go to official service to replace it with keeping waterproof feature.

Unfortunately))

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 318
Message 10 of 318

This is happening to a lot o people. just check it here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/help/battery-reporting-phone-dying-suddenly-t...

I wonder if sony is looking after this. It immediately started after the LP upgrade to all of us. Several tests and calibration were tried with no luck.

People who solved this problem had the battery changed, but its extremely weird that a software update has damage the battery.

PS: I also have this.