account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 151 of 318
Message 151 of 318

Re: Xperia z1 compact phone shuts down saying 1% after having 48 % on screen

Hi Jason71,

Welcome to the community,

This could be application related or OS related, you could boot to safemode and see if the issue continues and let us know the result.

Safemode instructions

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 152 of 318
Message 152 of 318

Problem with battery after getting Lollipop

Hello everybody!my phone is Xperia z1 compact.When I had Kitkat,my battery was working about 16 hours,but when I have downloaded Lollipop,some strange things started to happen..my phone may discharged in 5 hours working,or die from 30% to 0% in some minutes.I have tested my battery and its okay.what the problem is??help me,please(
Emperor
Message 153 of 318
Message 153 of 318

Re: Problem with battery after getting Lollipop

@Nadezhda

Reinstall the latest update with PCC and report back

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 154 of 318
Message 154 of 318

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Battery-Drain-after-update-to-Android-5-1-1/m-p/1040...

Read this thread and you will find you are not alone who (unknowingly) crippled his/her phone by updating to Lollipop. The best solution so far was to get new battery - reinstall will most likely be ineffective.

One time poster
Message 155 of 318
Message 155 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Hi guys I am going through same with my z1 . I tried to do according to earlier post thread but my battery not drop by 5 % but it show get up +5% so what the conclusion on these is that battery problem is solved or not
Emperor
Message 156 of 318
Message 156 of 318

@Jason71 @Nadezhda 

The best advice is to get the phone inspected by your Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 157 of 318
Message 157 of 318

strange battery

Hi there. I have strange problem with my battery. I do not know how to describe the problem, but the battery capacity has been stolen. Since already two weeks. Today it was 84% on the phone and he went out and was not included, but when put in charge, she continued with a 50% (!). Somebody faced with? Restart the system does not work (the red button next to the SIM slot) (last screen). Can I do something? or go buy a new battery? Thank you in advance

121.jpg122.jpg125.jpg

Emperor
Message 158 of 318
Message 158 of 318

Re: strange battery

We'll need more info to better assist you

charge the phone 100% use it as you normally would then once the battery reaches 10%

settings > power management > battery > take screenshots of:

1. the list

2. tap on the graph and take a screenshot

3. back > tap on the top 4 items on the list > take a screenshot of each 

post them all here or upload the screenshots to box or dropbox or google drive or etc and post the link

Forum Legend
Message 159 of 318
Message 159 of 318

the breaks in the battery graph indicates that the phone has been shutdown (either by the user or by the system)... did your phone shutdown by its own? you might want to consider if you are having shutdown issue.. try to observe some behavior of the apps installed some of them might have caused the phone to turn off

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 160 of 318
Message 160 of 318

I update my Sony via PC Companion as I read at the beginning of the thread and now it works very well. No shutdowns and batery life has increased. Thank you very much for your help.