account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 101 of 318
Message 101 of 318

Re: SOLUTION TO Xperia Z1 Compact, Battery discharging.

[UPDATE]

The solution worked for a week and then the problem recurred. So, unfortunately, there's still no working solution (for me)

[/UPDATE]

I am totally amazed, but this solution actually seems to work for me!

I've tried Sony's official advice (which basically is the standard "reboot, reset and re-install" advice that every support engineer learns on his/her first day on the job) to no avail.

FYI: there was no need to put or keep the phone on charge. I performed the entire operation disconnected from the charger. After that I played a really long video from Youtube to drain the battery and saw it go down to 17%. It's been a while since I've seen it that low!

I am very happy. Thanks, mate, for posting this oddball solution!

Message 102 of 318
Message 102 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

How can you solve? Please help to everyone
Enthusiast
Message 103 of 318
Message 103 of 318

Keimpsk: what actually worked for you?

Highlighted
Message 104 of 318
Message 104 of 318

UPDATE 2 :-

Have just returned from a week in New york and used the phone fairly heavily. On the whole phone lasted easily for whole day and I re-charged every night. This was a good test as at home Im a light phone user mainy calls, texts, emails and not much else.

There was just one day when  the battery seemed to drop from low levels to zero so perhaps not 100 pct stable. However on other days saw remaining battery drop down to 20/30 pct with no problem and was able to charge at end of day. At least  phone is now useable which helpful as latest Xperia Z5 compact seems to have issues right from the start so not a recomended replacement at the moment, hopefully marshmallow will be better.

So seems that whilst it does not work for everyone, removing sim card when phone switched on and allowing phone to re-boot in safe mode. Then re-inserting the sim with phone switched on and performing Hard re-boot seems to work for some of us.

NB Still having issue with one of my Pop3 accounts with Sony email app so using googlemail for that email box which not a good at handling email but at least works.

Rookie
Message 105 of 318
Message 105 of 318

Update:

I have edited my original post, because after a week, the phone is showing its old behaviour (of battery dropping from 50/60/70% to 0% and then shutting down all of a sudden) again. Alas!

Enthusiast
Message 106 of 318
Message 106 of 318

LOL,

OMG guys, stop inventing sw solutions. the drop is hardware failure. its only fix is the changeing of the battery, period.

Dont waster your time with repair this, reset that....

Message 107 of 318
Message 107 of 318

If problem is hardware failure then why This happens after lollipop update?
Enthusiast
Message 108 of 318
Message 108 of 318

We dont know that, may be a cache clear of the system did it. may be the battery voltage had been damage during the update, we simply dont know, but what we DO know, is that the only solution is batery change.

Commissioner
Message 109 of 318
Message 109 of 318

I would change the battery immediately if only the back cover is removable and battery replaceable without additional tools (plural!).

It's Tuesday, If I take my z1c to the service center I'll probably get it back next week (judging from the previous experience with the authorized service center in my town). So, I'll be without phone almost for the whole week and pay for the battery replacement approx. 1/3 of a price of a new Lumia 640, or some China manufactured phone with price up to 150 EURos.

Nice! :-(

Enthusiast
Message 110 of 318
Message 110 of 318

Well you could buy a battery from ebay for 10 $ like I did. Even if its not original its working like original and has the same capacity and power, believe me. Also, you dont have to use tools. only a simple sharp thing just to unplug the battery conector. thats easy.

For the back you also could buy from aliexpress a glass one with all sony logo and stuff (not the jap version) that works just fine on my phone and doesnt have the led bleed anymore. I bought it for 5 $ i think. removing the back was ridiculous easy. youtube is your friend.

just my 2 cents