account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 71 of 318
Message 71 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Screenshot_2015-09-26-10-33-15.pngScreenshot_2015-09-26-10-33-06.png

I own an Xperia Z1 Compact and i hav been using it for past 2 years. I started with using Kitkat and updated to Lollipop 5.0 and after the update the battery began to show problems. As the thread mentioned the charge suddently drops from 50 % to almost 15 % and then within a minute will fall down to zero and the phone will switch off. I thought it was a software problem and after doing much reseach in internet, i updated the software to Lollipop 5.1. But stll the problem was there and was getting worse. Then i read somewhere in posts to try to replace battery. I went to a Sony Service centre and within 2 days they found out that the culprit was faulty battery and replaced it. Now i am getting a decent battery life and my phone is back to normal. Even though i did not put on stamina mode and all i am getting a full day charge. ALmost same condition as it was when i had KitKat. Slightly smiling Face

SO FRIENDS DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME UPDATING SOFTWARES. GO TO SERVICE CENTRE AND REPLACE YOUR BATTERY ! ITZ THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION. I CAN ASSURE YOU YOU WILL BE THE HAPPIEST ONE AFTER GETTING THIS DONE.

UPDATE STATUS as of 26/09/2015:

I have testes the phone and with decent use i am able to get 18hours of use in 4g LTE without stamina mode. Battery is definitely the culprit ! Change ur battery if the phone switches off at 50 % suddently.

One time poster
Message 72 of 318
Message 72 of 318

Hello, have the same problem just got my phone from repair,  they sed they upgraided the softvare and problem solved, so its not solved same thing going on.. what should i do how to fix it phone is one and half year old dont wanna just throw it away...

Apprentice
Message 73 of 318
Message 73 of 318

Same problem here.

CQqshrtUcAAZtNP.jpg

Forum Legend
Message 74 of 318
Message 74 of 318

That screenshot doesn't look good.

Try to do this trick and see if this helps you with it > http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375

Apprentice
Message 75 of 318
Message 75 of 318

I discharged my battery to 71%, turned it off via forced shutdown, turned it on, and the battery level is 38%.

So it looks like the indicator now displays the actual level of my battery. I'll let you know if it helped later. Thank you.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 76 of 318
Message 76 of 318

My battery life with 5.1.1 was just terrible and I got battery drops with it sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. It droped 5% out of nowhere. I did use Emma to clean flash the phone so  I was not expecting that. So for the first time I had to downgrade the phone to 5.0.2 to get normal battery life and everything looks ok except the part that my phone do not have latest security updates and 6.0 is unclear or better say mistery. 

If 5.1.1 is the last update for z1 compact I am done with sony and going back to nexus.

Apprentice
Message 77 of 318
Message 77 of 318

Hate to report it, but today my phone switched off again.
Screenshot_2015-10-12-23-58-35.png

As you can see from the screenshot, I haven't been using it actively before it switched off.

Another interesting thing is, before I turned it on, it charged up to 7%. When I turned the phone on, it showed 51%. Subsequent restarts showed it is at 49%.

One time poster
Message 78 of 318
Message 78 of 318

Ive just repaired using pc companion, then i had same issue, so i charged to 10% and did a reboot,aftet the reboot my battery level showed 42%,any idea suggestions pkz
Adept
Message 79 of 318
Message 79 of 318

Unfortunately I think I can join the thread here.. I thought it was a problem with the stamina-modus of some sort, but now found this thread. Too bad, cause I was really happy with my phone until now! Bit strange that it started quite a long time after the update to Lollipop.

(going to sit in a corner and weep now.... :smileysmileywinkSlightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 80 of 318
Message 80 of 318

@deadok22 Slightly frowning Face 

Did you follow the precautions given in the thread I have ?

Do not install any apps that monitor battery. Apps like "task killers, battery savers, juice defenders, antivirus etc " are one of the reasons people face this problem.

Read Kofi's post and the post below it , here > http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Ion/My-battery-gauge-is-tricking-me/m-p/963076#M5310